Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Superb goal KDB
    Fernando assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Savage goal by KDB for sure,got some curl on it.

I think this is good for Aguero
    May see slightly less minutes but be on a good buzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

City still need to protect 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Lemlin wrote: »

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nasri or KDB?.... Kdb is just so damn expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Aguero off and no ice packs

What do ye think Pell will prioritize when he won't even be there next year ???? Expect a lot of rotation end of story

km79 wrote: »
    What do ye think Pell will prioritize when he won't even be there next year ???? Expect a lot of rotation end of story

He needs another job. Whatever about winning a trophy, City not getting CL would leave his reputation in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I don't think them going through changes much. Barca and Real will still be favourites so they still need to hang on to 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He needs another job. Whatever about winning a trophy, City not getting CL would leave his reputation in tatters.
    Ah it wouldn't really, still had a successful term at City and him guiding them to semi final of the CL is a fairly decent achievement, I imagine there is a pretty tasty bonus for finishing in the top 4 which will be a motivator in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'm getting very worried about City players now...I have Aguero and was considering getting KDB in. I just don't see them both starting both DGW matches. CL is surely the main focus for City. Both Pellegrini and quite a few of the players' last chance to win something at City. I can see Iheanacho, Bony, Delph getting PL minutes in the last few games...

On a related point, but not FPL relevant, what would happen if City get Bayern in the final and they have finished 5th in the PL, needing to win the CL to have Champions League football? Bit of a conflict of interest there for our oul mucker Pep. Perhaps a weird incentive for Pellegrini to lead City to 5th???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think people are over reacting a bit to City qualifying for the semis.

Assuming Barca and Bayern go through tonight, City will be the complete outsiders to win the CL so will need to secure entry through their league position.

4th place is far from secure and, even at that, I'm sure the aim is 3rd so as to avoid a play off in August. City are not in a position to take their eye off the ball in the league.

No doubt there will be some rotation but there are 3 league games before the SF and, barring injury, Aguero and KDB will play a minimum of 2 of those, possibly all 3. If they don't start they will definitely be on the bench - Aguero in particular can do serious damage as a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Benimar wrote: »
    I think people are over reacting a bit to City qualifying for the semis.

Assuming Barca and Bayern go through tonight, City will be the complete outsiders to win the CL so will need to secure entry through their league position.

4th place is far from secure and, even at that, I'm sure the aim is 3rd so as to avoid a play off in August. City are not in a position to take their eye off the ball in the league.

No doubt there will be some rotation but there are 3 league games before the SF and, barring injury, Aguero and KDB will play a minimum of 2 of those, possibly all 3. If they don't start they will definitely be on the bench - Aguero in particular can do serious damage as a sub.

I agree with you about CL. And, in my opinion, City have no chance to win it.

But, they can win in the league with KDB benched & Silva out as this GW just showed. They have something like 40 professional players in their squad so I'm afraid now none of their big hitters is gonna play 60+ min in their next 3 games. And as much as they can score big from a 20-30 min cameo, there are greater chances of a 1 pointer (cf KDB this GW).

iroced wrote: »
    I agree with you about CL. And, in my opinion, City have no chance to win it.

But, they can win in the league with KDB benched & Silva out as this GW just showed. They have something like 40 professional players in their squad so I'm afraid now none of their big hitters is gonna play 60+ min in their next 3 games. And as much as they can score big from a 20-30 min cameo, there are greater chances of a 1 pointer (cf KDB this GW).

In fairness, they beat West Brom 2-1 at home, and needed KDB to come off the bench to do it - highlighting his importance to the team. Chelsea away and even Stoke at home are harder games. Newcastle is much easier admittedly, but Citys away record means they can't take the game for granted.

If City win their next 2 and the 2 Uniteds don't, then 4th will be more or less secure and I could see rotation for the Stoke game.

Same scenario with Liverpool. The 2 CBs have got their rest and are nailed on for bou/EVE. Clyne and Moreno are in more danger of being rested for the Bournemouth game. All 4 will play v Everton (injury permitting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

The other scary part for City, Arsenal etc is if (and quite a big one at that) Liverpool win the Europa League only 3 qualify for the CL, even if they get to the final this will focus the minds for the last 6 games.

patmac wrote: »
    The other scary part for City, Arsenal etc is if (and quite a big one at that) Liverpool win the Europa League only 3 qualify for the CL, even if they get to the final this will focus the minds for the last 6 games.

not sure where you got that
    if pool win Europa 5 teams qualify
    if both pool and city win AND city finish outside top 4 THEN 4th won't qualify

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-fourth-place-finish-might-not-be-enough-champions-league-qualification-1554250
    http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2215121.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#mufc XI: De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Herrera, Martial, Rashford.
    #mufc subs: Romero, Valencia, Young, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

#mufc XI: De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Herrera, Martial, Rashford.

Fosu Mensah in for me i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Darmian not even in the squad , this WC continues to do my head in even in a FA cup replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

I'm hoping this means Darmian will be starting at the weekend. But I'm fairly tempted to just swap him for Mensah at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Darmian to Rojo maybe, really didn't want to do a transfer this week

Posting on wrong thread.

Good start.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where the hell is Winston Reid?!

This GW can't get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Rashford goal

• Advertisement

Rashford great goal! Glad I have him for the double

2-0 Man U

fellaini
    martial assist

rojo subbed Valencia on
    fosu memsah to LB

2 1
    tomkins
    Carroll assist

• Advertisement

fosu mensah struggling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fosu mensah struggling :(

Did he get through it

Rooney brought on for Rashford in last few minutes. Surely Rashford is nailed on though after that goal though?

Did he get through it

yes and was SUPERB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

yes and was SUPERB

Nice 1 that's darmian starting the weekend so ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Most of my WC players scoring in midweek (KDB, Rashford) :rolleyes:. They're just rubbing salt :mad:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Confirmed #LFC starting XI to face @BVB: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes against @BVB: Ward, Sturridge, Lucas, Allen, Skrtel, Smith, Ojo.

Hopefully Sakho makes himself undroppable tonight! Need a big showing from him

if pool win I'm all over sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

And now Sakho plays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And now Sakho plays.

Someone needs to give Jurgen a Klopp around the ear for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lights On wrote: »

He regularly waltzes between brilliant and disastrous

Lights On wrote: »

I think people need to realise he wasn't dropped at the weekend. He was rested.

I think people need to realise he wasn't dropped at the weekend. He was rested.

Exactly. He was rested for this game. Why are people surprised he plays??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I suppose by leaving him out of the squad the fear was that there may have been a falling out/discipline issue.
    Good to see him play tonight anyway and the four points from Cresswell wasn't a disaster either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well there'll be no distractions now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

So do we reckon he'll slot back into his spot yeah, presuming Pool lose tonight?

Lads, Klopp rested his 2 CBs last Sunday. He only needed one to be on the bench, he chose Lovren, probably because he can play both sides. Sakho got the day off. In one way it actually made sense to rest both at the same time so neither had to get used to playing with a different partner.

Lovren and Sakho are 100% the first choice partnership. There isn't even a doubt.

Benimar wrote: »
    Lads, Klopp rested his 2 CBs last Sunday. He only needed one to be on the bench, he chose Lovren, probably because he can play both sides. Sakho got the day off. In one way it actually made sense to rest both at the same time so neither had to get used to playing with a different partner.

Lovren and Sakho are 100% the first choice partnership. There isn't even a doubt.

The real question is are either worth getting
    Don't score or assist and don't keep clean sheets !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Origi (Can)

Advertisement