Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

and its over

1 nil to the arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

and its over

1 nil to the arsenal

Arsenal bus parked - Cech :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    JM "I don’t know if Costa will be available. He was training [we thought he would be ready] but this AM he was feeling uncomfortable" #CFC

Groundhog day.

So happy I'm not dealing with that situation again. I would also be very reluctant to captain him with the threat of pulling up early or a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wayne Rooney played the last 15 mins for Everton vs Villareal today. Duncan Ferguson testamonial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After today, I've settled on Santi as my lone Arsenal attacker for the first game.

#playing it safe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tekkers scores for pool. Serious 2nd striker contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Very worried about Giroud now - thought he was nailed on, but after today it looks like time could be split between Wally & himself. Back to the drawing board!

Had Ozil in as well but might switch to Cazorla instead - none of the Arsenal mids looks like must-haves today.

Sakho on the watchlist now!

F1ngers wrote: »
    Tekkers scores for pool. Serious 2nd striker contender.

Quality strike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Unbelievable goal from Benteke...doesn't look like there's much wrong with him!

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sakho score for West Ham, no idea of assist.
    Serious 3rd striker contender.

Assist by Payet I think? Starting to look like he could be worth paying 7.5m for.

Tottenham XI vs. Real Madrid (Audi Cup): Vorm; Walker, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Rose; Alli, Dier; Lamela, Dembélé, Eriksen; Kane.

Kane still on the pitch at 70'. He and Spurs haven't been up to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Kane still on the pitch at 70'. He and Spurs haven't been up to much

Kane barely got any of the ball and spurs were very dissappointing overall. It's a preseason game and only a few days before an early morning saturday kickoff, so it is a stupid time to be travelling having preseason games. It might be that they were just taking it easy to remain fresh but i'm not too sure about kane now.

Spurs XI v Milan (Audi): McGee; Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Bentaleb; Onomah, Lamela, Carroll; Chadli.

Chelsea team to play Fiorentina: Begovic, Cuadrado, Zouma, Terry (c), Aina, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Oscar, Moses, Falcao. #SSNHQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Chadli scored a belter against Milan earlier.

TEAMS: #WHUFC Randolph, Knoyle, Jenkinson, Henry, Page, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Lanzini, Lee, Maiga #ASTWHU #COYI #WHUFC

Bilic true to his word about playing second string

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

TEAMS: #WHUFC Randolph, Knoyle, Jenkinson, Henry, Page, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Lanzini, Lee, Maiga #ASTWHU #COYI #WHUFC

Good of him to give someone else a chance to get sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

#SaintsFC team against @MijnVitesse: Stekelenburg, Caulker, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Martina, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadić, Mané, Pellè.

Cedric on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    #SaintsFC team against @MijnVitesse: Stekelenburg, Caulker, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Martina, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadić, Mané, Pellè.

Cedric on the bench.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cedric on the bench.

that's a strong team ......has me worried about mane if he is gonna be playing these Thursday night games.....also is Yoshids left back ahead of targett in that team.........?

are they not 3-0 up from the first leg? seems odd to be putting out a full-strength side ahead of the league game

manual_man wrote: »
    are they not 3-0 up from the first leg? seems odd to be putting out a full-strength side ahead of the league game

seems daft but koeman is Dutch so must like them to have the "match rhythm" :D

Pelle (jwp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Poyet = second string.

Oxford = first string??

There's second string and then there's second string!! Be astonished if we see West Ham again in the Europa this season

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

There's second string and then there's second string!! Be astonished if we see West Ham again in the Europa this season

They're 1-0 up

edit: never mind

FHFC wrote: »
    Oxford = first string??

No.
    He will prob play v Arsenal as Jenkinson can't play against his parent club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's a bit ****ing stupid on their part IMO.

"Lets do all we can to avoid going through so we can have a better season and hopefully, eh, qualify for the competition we don't want to be in".

I know they have the Olympic Stadium move coming up but bloody hell. Hull purposely tried to avoid going through and still ended up going down. I'd love to see it happen here too.

2-0 Mane

• Advertisement

F/T no Europa for Hammers

F/T no Europa for Hammers

:D

Hmmm concerned about no cedric - rested or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Hmmm concerned about no cedric - rested or...?

It looked like they played 3 at the back with wingbacks, I'd wager that if they play 4 at the back then Cedric and Bertrand (or Targett for the first couple of weeks) will play. Martina is Dutch though, so there is that! The flexibility makes picking anyone other than Fonte a difficult choice I feel. I currently have Yoshida and Targett on my team but will be definitely be changing it before the deadline, I'd rather not fork out the 5.5 for Fonte but will likely gamble on one of the others.

west ham got knocked out by the way

United draw Club Brugge in the Champions League qualification round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Rooney (c

let Rooney watch commence

Carrick og

• Advertisement

Depay with a lovely goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

followed by memphis goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Depay goal, Carrick assist.

Rooney playing with his back to goal in midfield positions. Someone needs to tell him he's a number 9. He's also forgotten how to take a throw in. He has turned to absolute muck this season.

Depay taking corners from both sides.
    Interesting.

Depay taking corners from both sides.
    Interesting.

he was 99.8% to a drop before the game.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    Rooney playing with his back to goal in midfield positions. Someone needs to tell him he's a number 9. He's also forgotten how to take a throw in. He has turned to absolute muck this season.

When an English player is singled out for criticism on MoTD, you know they must be playing very badly.

Lemlin wrote: »
    When an English player is singled out for criticism on MoTD, you know they must be playing very badly.

Based on this game, Depay is the one to have for the united game, especially if he drops in value. Rooney is anonymous and all the danger is coming from Janujaz and Depay in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    Based on this game, Depay is the one to have for the united game, especially if he drops in value. Rooney is anonymous and all the danger is coming from Janujaz and Depay in particular.

I'll be giving Depay another while to settle in. It's a big step up from the Dutch league to the PL.

Memphis peach. Blind assist

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll be giving Depay another while to settle in. It's a big step up from the Dutch league to the PL.

2 goals tonight, almost a third and few other shots on target. Hmmm...............

• Advertisement
Advertisement