Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I want him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm starting to think it was hasty to sell Memphis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm starting to think it was hasty to sell Memphis...

Feck it, its done now, will work him back in at some point.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

This will do wonders for Depay's confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Depay strikes me as the type of player who'd do well against lesser teams, a rabbit killer like Giroud.

Definitely looks a better Utd cover than Rooney at the minute. Still gonna captain Rooney against Newcastle though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Rooney captainers are like heroine addicts. Doing untold damage to themselves time after time in the hopes of one moment of euphoria which even if it comes, will be at considerable expense to the greater well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Did Rooney have any shots first half?

Did Rooney have any shots first half?

One header off target from a Memphis cross. I can't remember an actual shot.

Depay has 7 attempts with 5 on target

Edit: A shot off target for Rooney there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Surprised at how shattered Smalling looked after continuing with that run into the Bruges box. Still with hands on hips a couple of mins later.

Just wonder if he'll break down in a couple of weeks as per previous seasons. Oddly, he seems to be naturally unfit.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Surprised at how shattered Smalling looked after continuing with that run into the Bruges box. Still with hands on hips a couple of mins later.

Just wonder if he'll break down in a couple of weeks as per previous seasons. Oddly, he seems to be naturally unfit.

Chris has the injuries worries, Mike Smalling is a different beast

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    One header off target from a Memphis cross. I can't remember an actual shot.

Depay has 7 attempts with 5 on target

Edit: A shot off target for Rooney there!

He's due on Saturday then :pac:. I'll probably end up keeping and if Aguero goes absolutely mental so be it

Romero down injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Depay should have had another from a Rooney assist.

Rooney off for Fellani.

So long Wanye and thanks for all the fish

Depay Assist

PARlance wrote:
    Depay Assist

He is on my wildcard team for sure now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2 goals tonight, almost a third and few other shots on target. Hmmm...............

Against a Belgian team though. They're hardly high quality. Mike Newell scored the fastest hat trick in CL history against Rosenberg and I don't remember him being a great fantasy option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Against a Belgian team though. They're hardly high quality. Mike Newell scored the fastest hat trick in CL history against Rosenberg and I don't remember him being a great fantasy option!

who is Newcastle's reserve right back cos that's who he will be facing at the weekend.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I had no idea how good Depay's delivery was until this evening. He whipped some unbelievable balls into dangerous areas, and took corners from both sides. I really am starting to wonder if I made the right call taking him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

He should have scored last weekend too though and does seem to have a very good shot on him. On this evenings showing, Rooney still doesn't seem to be too dangerous, while Depay does (took some corners too which was good to see).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. I know it was only FC Bruges. But Rooney did feck all (another anonymous 2 pointer) while Depay scored 2 and assisted the third goal (so 18 pts and in extenso 36 pts vs Newcastle since he's become tonight a captain option :p :pac:).

OK OK I'll sign for a 30 pts captain this week. Should cover my -8 :pac:...

No but seriously he's better value than Rooney at the minute doesn't he? Now does he justify a Fabregas +4 pts at the week-end :p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Raging Depay had to go turn it on tonight.
    A) won't be able to sign him back .1 cheaper as was the hope
    B) he will no longer be a differential really

CSF wrote: »
    Raging Depay had to go turn it on tonight.
    A) won't be able to sign him back .1 cheaper as was the hope
    B) he will no longer be a differential really

Bit of a kick in the nuts but I'll take solace from the fact that 90k transferred him out (so an advantage on them hopefully) and that he's only only 21% ownership.
    It's a balls but I'm more confident (a lot more) in my decision that he'll probably be a season keeper.

No real need for Rooney either.

Re Depay, was it not around this time last year that Danny Wellbeck returned a CL hat trick against some Turkish team?

I'll leave that one with ye folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Re Depay, was it not around this time last year that Danny Wellbeck returned a CL hat trick against some Turkish team?

He should have scored v Villa when out left, I hadmt plans for him but after last night he has made me switch to a strong 352 with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

For what I remember, you're right. The whole "panic" is also (mainly?) due to United hosting a dire Newcastle team.

But, as I posted in another thread yesterday, it's actually not that clear cut since Newcastle got promotted back.

And United run after Newcastle is not the best in the league (Swansea away, 'Pool at home & Saints away though Saints are not the same animal than last year). Compared with City, 'Pool or Arsenal, I came across the conclusion it didn't justify another hit for basically 1 GW.

#SaintsFC team vs @fcmidtjylland: Stekelenburg, Caulker, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Mané, Rodriguez, Pellè.
    #SaintsFC substitutes vs @fcmidtjylland: K. Davis (GK), Cédric, Long, S. Davis, Tadić, Martina, Juanmi.

#SaintsFC team vs @fcmidtjylland: Stekelenburg, Caulker, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Mané, Rodriguez, Pellè.
    #SaintsFC substitutes vs @fcmidtjylland: K. Davis (GK), Cédric, Long, S. Davis, Tadić, Martina, Juanmi.

That's interesting, Cedric dropped for Caulker and Yoshida retaining his place. If i was a Cedric owner, i'd be very nervous about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

That's interesting, Cedric dropped for Caulker and Yoshida retaining his place. If i was a Cedric owner, i'd be very nervous about that.

It happened in the 2nd leg of the last round too, so it might just be a Europa League thing? Worth keeping an eye on though.

Benimar wrote: »
    It happened in the 2nd leg of the last round too, so it might just be a Europa League thing? Worth keeping an eye on though.

It does show he's a definite rotation risk and hooked off at half time in his first game. I certainly wouldn't go near him with the doubts hanging over him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Soton trailing 1-0 at HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

1-1

J Rod penalty, won by JWP.

So JRod is on pens after Tadic.
    Not good for Pelle or Mane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Caulker looks very dangerous from set pieces, he had a goal disallowed and one header brilliantly saved. A bit pricey at 5.5 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

spock. wrote: »
    So JRod is on pens after Tadic.
    Not good for Pelle or Mane.

He's down to 6.9 now...could be a great option if he can nail down a place again.

Nib wrote:
    Caulker looks very dangerous from set pieces, he had a goal disallowed and one header brilliantly saved. A bit pricey at 5.5 though.

He's far from nailed anyway. Fonte and Yoshida are first choice centre backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

He's far from nailed anyway. Fonte and Yoshida are first choice centre backs.

You would think Caulker will eventually get Yoshidas spot. A beast in the opposition penalty area.

stephenl15 wrote:
    You would think Caulker will eventually get Yoshidas spot. A beast in the opposition penalty area.

Yoshida is a better defender though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yoshida is a better defender though.

Two average to poor defenders lets be honest. I would think Caulker is better though

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/636233412689436672

City: Schwarzer, Hammond (c), Kantè, Moore, Kramarić, Ulloa, Wasilewski, Fuchs, Benalouane, Inler, Dodoo. #BurLei
    TEAM: Hennessey, Ward, Kelly, Mariappa, Hangeland, Zaha, Jedinak, Ledley, Lee, Gayle, Bamford. #CPFC
    Stoke team v Luton: Given, Bardsley, Wollscheid, Wilson, Pieters, Sidwell, Ireland, Walters, Bojan, Arnautovic & Crouch
    Sunderland: Pantilimon, Mathews, PVA, O'Shea (c), Coates, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, M'Vila, Defoe, Graham.
    #afcb XI to face #hufc: Federici, Smith, Distin, Cargill, Mings, Atsu, MacDonald, Gosling, Stanislas, Kermorgant, Tomlin. #HARBOU
    TEAM: Rudd; Wisdom, R Bennett, Bassong, Toffolo; Odjidja, O'Neil, Dorrans, Johnson (c); Howson; van Wolfswinkel. #ncfc
    #watfordfc starting line-up v Preston: Arlauskis (GK); Paredes, Britos, Angella, Ake; Watson, Smith; Layun, Abdi (c), Forestieri; Vydra.
    Albion v @OfficialPVFC: Myhill, Chester, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt, Gnabry, Yacob, Fletcher (c), McClean, Lambert, Ideye. #WBA #CapitalOneCup

• Advertisement

Most of the line ups are ones where you'd be worried if a player of yours did crop up!

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - remember him!?

Thauvin and De jong goals for Newcastle. Dyer for Swansea. Watford and palace 1down, newc cleanie gone too.

Roswell goal Sunderland

KevIRL wrote: »
    Roswell goal Sunderland

And one for defoe

Thauvin got an assist as well for newc BTW

Traore goal villa(cleanie gone though)
    Howson goal Norwich
    The brilliantly named Dodoo with a goal for Leicester