Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one add up module grades to calculate the final degree?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my finals results, just wondering how exactly do you figure out what degree classification you'll be in? Is it just add up all percentages and then divide by the number of modules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It should tell you the degree grade – "First Class Honours" etc. No need to tot up marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Just got my finals results, just wondering how exactly do you figure out what degree classification you'll be in? Is it just add up all percentages and then divide by the number of modules?

Usually youll find the info in the student handbook or similar.

Its not always straightforward. One place I studied with did it by taking your top 5 modules and if they were all over a certain grade you got a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Subject Grade by Module Credits (5 or 10) and divide by total credits. Usually 60.

Advertisement