Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy car with credit card

Options
  • 22-06-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Any place I can buy a car with credit card in co. Tipperary?

Only need a car that costs about 3000 euro .. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

tomhain wrote: »
    Any place I can buy a car with credit card in co. Tipperary?

Only need a car that costs about 3000 euro .. thanks

Interest rates on a credit card are crazy. Try and get a personal/car loan instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

If you tell me what part of the county you are in I may be able to refer you to a reputable car dealer who will give you best advice in order to help you!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

I will be applying for mortgage in few months and so don't want to take money out of savings account (as it might look bad) and also car loan option is not for me. I can either save those 3000 euro in few weeks (I have about 1000 outside of savings account) so if I buy a car I can transfer 3000 back to card within 4-6 weeks so I am not worried about interest rate.

I am based in Tipperary

I will be applying for mortgage in few months and so don't want to take money out of savings account (as it might look bad) and also car loan option is not for me. I can either save those 3000 euro in few weeks (I have about 1000 outside of savings account) so if I buy a car I can transfer 3000 back to card within 4-6 weeks so I am not worried about interest rate.

I am based in Tipperary

Tipperary is a big county, I do not know all the motor dealers there. Sincerely wishing you the best of luck with your objective.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tipperary is a big county, I do not know all the motor dealers there. Sincerely wishing you the best of luck with your objective.

sorry, tipp town

• Advertisement

sorry, tipp town

Sent you a private message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

You should be able to withdraw cash from an atm with your credit card.It may take a few trips as their is a daily limit.the interest on cash is double but if you pay it back soon it wont be much

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

gillad wrote: »
    You should be able to withdraw cash from an atm with your credit card.It may take a few trips as their is a daily limit.the interest on cash is double but if you pay it back soon it wont be much

Don't do that, the interest on cash withdrawals is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Don't do that, the interest on cash withdrawals is huge.

Yep. I got caught before. Forgot my bank card. My credit card was all I had. Withdrew about 30 and I think the admin fee was 5 or 10. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No reason why a credit car would be accepted unless, it would exceed your limit is substantially larger than previous purchases. What your proposing is crazy by the way you will need to declare your credit card debt, during your mortgage process, aswell as you monthly outgoings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement