Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC, eircom, three and meteor get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FrStone wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/eircom-meteor-three-upc-cancellation-rights-customers-2175449-Jun2015/

I'm just reading this here, does this mean we will have the option to cancel or contacts is we signed with any of the above in the past year?

Only if signed up online or through the phone it seems. It's to do with distance selling rules. They will right to you and inform you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

So what do I need to say or do to get our of my upc contract?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Unless the write to you it appears nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is there a bargain somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

the amateurs at thejournal.ie failed to link to their source and the official statement: http://www.ccpc.ie/news/2015-06-22enforcementactiontelecommunications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Is there a bargain somewhere?

Major bargain if you are a recent Meteor customer affected by this, cheap smartphone if I'm reading this right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought UPC were only asked to clarify their info, it was the other 2 that gave none at all in relationship to the cancellation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Near end of contract... but... 'had i been correctly informed i never would have kept contract'?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Major bargain if you are a recent Meteor customer affected by this, cheap smartphone if I'm reading this right.

If you cancel you'll have to return the phone.

midlouth wrote: »

No you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

midlouth wrote: »

You just making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Anyone have any luck with cancelling while in contract yet / receive information from any of the providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I signed up in March with three, paying 55 per month for a galaxy s5 with a 24 month contract?

Can I ring them up, cancel, and keep the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Deffo not a BA. Can this be moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Einstein? wrote: »
    I signed up in March with three, paying 55 per month for a galaxy s5 with a 24 month contract?

If you had availed of the cooling-off period initially by cancelling within the 14 days after signing up you would have been required to return the phone. Since all that has changed is that the telcos must give you another opportunity at the cooling off period I don't see why should get to keep the phone now.

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/three-ireland-hutchison-limited-terms-conditions/
    Your 14-Day Money Back Guarantee
    – Bill Pay and Prepay customers.
    If you are eligible to avail of the14 day
    money back guarantee (“the policy”), you
    may only terminate the agreement by
    returning your device and original boxed
    accessories, along with your proof of
    purchase, within 14 days of receipt of
    your Device (“the 14 day period”).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Einstein? wrote: »

No - terms and conditions cover this fully.

The only possible benefit is handing back phone, cancelling contract and then getting a more up to date phone under a new contract, or if want to change provider or are moving abroad and don't need service anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

delahuntv wrote: »
    No - terms and conditions cover this fully.

The only possible benefit is handing back phone, cancelling contract and then getting a more up to date phone under a new contract, or if want to change provider or are moving abroad and don't need service anymore.
    what if my screen is broken????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

massy086 wrote: »
    what if my screen is broken????
    Then you'd be charged the price of the phone as you are not handing back the goods in the same condition they gave it to you.

Advertisement