Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working on an open source game, anyone have an interest in helping out?

• 22-06-2015 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

The game is a simple 3D marble game developed in BGE here's the blend play around with it if you want (it's very basic atm) anyway i'm looking to finish the game if anyone on here wants to help me along with it i would appreciate it. End goal is to put it on steam for free in the hope that the player will be able to use the new steam controller accel to navigate the board. Instead of creating 100 levels and modeling each board i thought it would be cool to have user generated levels.

Let me know if your interested.

Blend: see below

controls:

F=turns on shaders
    1=places sphere (controlled with arrow keys) will be replaced with steam controller

2=places corner piece (will add lots more placement objects)
    c=deletes block (must push mouse into block/object)
    Mouse= controls block placement (left click places)
    wasd=moves camera

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

RswAOTt.jpg

Still working on it by myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Don't be put off by the lack of responses here, the fact you're making progress already puts you ahead of 90% of people who "decide to make a game". Do understand though that you're appealing to a tiny demographic. you're looking for people with the skillset to be useful but not to the point where they are used to charging for their talents.

Keep up the good work though!

I'll think i'll attempt a city building game instead.

aku78WQ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Hi whatsnext,

You could look into casting the net wider if you are looking for team mates. If you're set on BGE, the best shot might be to look for forums which cater to its users. Given the number of engines out there, it's unlikely that there are more than a handful using it on boards.

Would suggest that the important thing at this stage is to keep doing what you are doing, and get as much time in the seat as possible : ) Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement