Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5-600 Gaming/Development PC

Options
  • 22-06-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

So, building a PC that will be for both gaming in my spare time and software/game development work for college. Has to be fairly quick and would like it to run new AAA games on medium graphics. (If it's within the price range)

1. What is your budget? €5-600
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming moreso than anything else, if it can run new AAA games on medium then it can run any programs I need in college.
    2a. Games most likely played: I'm into racing sims, Farming Simulator, LoL, and FPS like BF4 etc.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Nah
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Nope
    5. Do you need a monitor? No, but in the beginning it will be connected through HDMI to a small 18" TV
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes
    8. How can you pay? Anyway
    9. When are you purchasing? By the end of September
    12. Additional info: If it's not achievable in the budget, throw up a build that will meet my needs and I might be able to get some more funding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3 4160 €115
    8gb RAM €55
    Decent board €70
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €55
    Zalman T4 €20
    Second hand R9 280X or Radeon 7970 €195/185
    €582 delivered from hardwareversand after geizhals affiliate site

I've a 280x, handles most games at Ultra 60fps. 7970 is basically the same card

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

i3 4160 €115
    8gb RAM €55
    Decent board €70
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €55
    Zalman T4 €20
    Second hand R9 280X or Radeon 7970 €195/185
    €582 delivered from hardwareversand after geizhals affiliate site

I've a 280x, handles most games at Ultra 60fps. 7970 is basically the same card

Thanks a million, will I need any extra SATA cables or anything with this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nope

No CD drive but you probably won't need one

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Thanks again,

No hassle, if I do I can get one handy enough anyway :)

Advertisement