Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new iPhone 5 briefly dropped into toilet

• 22-06-2015 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

I would say 2 seconds max and the only bit that got water was the base of the phone.

Dried it off and it worked back to normal for about 2 months. It then randomly started playing up, switching off sometimes or not playing audio.

Now it won't turn on at all.

Im not very tech savvy but my dads friend who claims to be says there's something wrong with the 'board' in the phone and it would cost more to replace than to buy a new phone.

Is this true or is it fixable and his drinking buddy is telling fibs?

As far as I was aware stuff like water damage could be repaired at moderate expense?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Strange that it took two months to stop working...was it dropped at all recently? And unfortunately those aren't fibs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Zcott wrote: »
    Strange that it took two months to stop working...was it dropped at all recently? And unfortunately those aren't fibs...

I'd ignore the dad's mates comments and bring it for an estimate.

Advertisement