Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medical exam question

Options
  • 22-06-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I've to go to Blackrock clinic in a couple of weeks time before my interview at the US embassy for my residency visa and I've been requested to bring along a vaccination record.

Born in 1970's in the Coombe hospital and having gone to the (very) late Dr Miller of Mourne road for vaccinations and immunizations I am quite quite sure that the only record there is are the three marks on my arm. Will this suffice do you think???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Has no doctor taken over his practice?

Normally patients and records would be transferred somewhere, so maybe contact local practices as they may know what has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I've to go to Blackrock clinic in a couple of weeks time before my interview at the US embassy for my residency visa and I've been requested to bring along a vaccination record.

Born in 1970's in the Coombe hospital and having gone to the (very) late Dr Miller of Mourne road for vaccinations and immunizations I am quite quite sure that the only record there is are the three marks on my arm. Will this suffice do you think???

I had to get the medical exam recently and i live in the US so all my records are back in Ireland.

My doctor over here just tested me to see what vaccinations i had already and then gave me the ones that I'm missing.

Its probably easier just go to your current doctor, give him the list of vaccinations you need, he'll test to see what you have already and give you what you are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah, I had my medical exam here in the US when I applied for permanent residency and I didn't have my vaccination records so I had some tests and then the doctor gave me a few shots. I think I had five injections that day and that was it. So if you can't get your records, it shouldn't be a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah, I had my medical exam here in the US when I applied for permanent residency and I didn't have my vaccination records so I had some tests and then the doctor gave me a few shots. I think I had five injections that day and that was it. So if you can't get your records, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Similar thing happened to me, I had no records, doc was long dead and records couldn't be found. I got one booster and was told I was grand. That was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Novella wrote: »

Same with me - i needed a tetanus booster and that was it. I did however have to go to a specific doctor and not my own. Nice little earner for him seeing as it was off insurance...

• Advertisement

Same with me - i needed a tetanus booster and that was it. I did however have to go to a specific doctor and not my own. Nice little earner for him seeing as it was off insurance...

The bloke in the Blackrock clinic I presume?

Nice little earner for him alright. I was a little shocked by the charges but it's not like there was any choice in the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

The bloke in the Blackrock clinic I presume?

Nice little earner for him alright. I was a little shocked by the charges but it's not like there was any choice in the matter.

Nope - here in San Francisco.

Nope - here in San Francisco.

I wonder do they just select one doctor for each location? Easy money for that doc I suppose.

Advertisement