Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Interlogix CS250 Alarm Problems.

Options
  • 22-06-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

My sister-in-law came back after a weekend away, to find the alarm control panel flashing "Low Power" and the control panel was unresponsive, inputting code had no effect. It turns out her boyfriend had the mains power off over the weekend, for an out of character DIY task (don't know how long it was off for). Alarm was installed 7 years ago, battery in control box was never changed - so guessing it was completely drained and couldn't back it up.

I replaced the 12v volt battery with a new alarm battery, both the internal/external bells started going off and the control panel display started flashing "Please Install NO + #" - Alarm code had no effect. Replaced the control box cover, to make the tamper switch and get it back to original physical state.

Alarm was howling, so removed the internal & external bell box covers - had to dis-connect the power wire going to each siren and replaced the covers once more.

Alarm is still in an alarm condition but no power going to sirens/bells.
    Control Panel is still flashing "Please Install NO + #".

It seems like its looking for an engineer or default code - any help on the above would
    be greatly appreciated.

Sister-in-law rang the securi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

GPBUTLER wrote: »
    Hi,

My sister-in-law came back after a weekend away, to find the alarm control panel flashing "Low Power" and the control panel was unresponsive, inputting code had no effect. It turns out her boyfriend had the mains power off over the weekend, for an out of character DIY task (don't know how long it was off for). Alarm was installed 7 years ago, battery in control box was never changed - so guessing it was completely drained and couldn't back it up.

I replaced the 12v volt battery with a new alarm battery, both the internal/external bells started going off and the control panel display started flashing "Please Install NO + #" - Alarm code had no effect. Replaced the control box cover, to make the tamper switch and get it back to original physical state.

Alarm was howling, so removed the internal & external bell box covers - had to dis-connect the power wire going to each siren and replaced the covers once more.

Alarm is still in an alarm condition but no power going to sirens/bells.
    Control Panel is still flashing "Please Install NO + #".

It seems like its looking for an engineer or default code - any help on the above would
    be greatly appreciated.

Sister-in-law rang the securi

For some reason the system has reset itself back to a default condition.
    Press the NO + # to initialize the system. Select Ireland and set the time and date. Default user is 1122 default engineer is 1278.

I have P.M.ed you the engineer manual off the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On anything to do with power on the CS250 check the battery charge voltage . This dropping off is a well known issue with this panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the mains has being off for the weekend its also a issue for a battery to drain and need replacing.

Advertisement