Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong weedkiller that doesn't harm wildlife?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for some strong weedkiller that will kill nettles, but doesn't harm wildlife.

Have a path through some nettles, but in the summer the nettles get quite high, and the path can become unusable. Thus would like some weedkiller that would get rid of the nettles, but at the same time, I don't want to get something that could harm the wildlife (if any) around the nettles.

Would prefer if nothing grew on this path, so a "kills everything green" would suit, but again, don't want to harm the wildlife, so have to be careful which one i choose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

would you be able to just strim down the nettles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

You could use the weedkiller based on pelargonic acid which I mentioned in the post on glyphosate a couple of weeks ago. I don't like to recommend a brand because I've only used one and I although it did the job for me, I couldn't swear to its being any better or worse than another brand.
    It's a fairly new concept which is all organic and biodegradable but is comparatively expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Advertisement