Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Downpipe repair

• 22-06-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

So, the tdm has a pretty corroded downpipe and is now sounding very agricultural shall we say :), looking on the bay its about 200 notes delivered for a new set. Anybody know of someone that can chop and replace some of the corroded tubing?
    Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sandy bike spares do stainless ones not badly priced and will look better than hacked mild steel ones.
    http://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/yamaha-tdm850-tdm-850-exhaust-pipes-downpipes-header-pipes-frontpipes-549-p.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

could try yer man Gizmo - I think he's based in citywest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Thanks for the replies CJ and W, I've already had the 2 top parts of the pipes welded and a great job was done, but now the corrosion is going to the bottom part and I can feel the exhaust fumes leaking from there.
    CJ, I think you may be right and I'd rather throw the old cancerous part out and replace it with a shiny new one :) Still comes in at over 200 notes delivered with gaskets :( but in the long term I think its the better option.
    Wosack, I think getting it welded is merely putting off the inevitable, with the state of it at the mo, I've read great things about gizmo on biker.ie and if the corrosion wasn't so harsh I'd defo give him a go.

Cheers guys

CJ- ordered :)

You'll have to throw up a pic when you get them fitted.
    Always had a hankering for a TDM, I am only 5'9 so I have to try one for size but they appeal to me, especially the 270° crank version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You'll have to throw up a pic when you get them fitted.
    Always had a hankering for a TDM, I am only 5'9 so I have to try one for size but they appeal to me, especially the 270° crank version.

5'9" is plenty big for a Tdm CJ.
    Buy one, you won't regret it.
    IMO everyone should own a TDM at some stage.

Think I found the problem :)

wn3vGsvl.jpg

and here

t1vKZGTl.jpg

Shiney new Blackwidow downpipes :D:D

CkiHaGdl.jpg

And a gold chain!! Nice

0KbS8zKl.jpg

Looks great, much better job than trying to patch rusty pipes.

Ye CJ, delighted with it, had to angle-grind the old ones off, and a fair amount filing, but the Akrapovič cans sound great now.
    Glad I took your advise on them, cheers man.

Advertisement