Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen Account Top up Charge.

Options
  • 22-06-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I noticed in the past that after topping up my account by visa debit card, there was a charge of 0.14c but I let it go as I used to only top up once a year.

I will now be topping up my account monthly so does anyone know if this charge still applies and if so Why.

No other company charges me for the pleasure of topping up my own account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Its a charge on using your card, paid it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

burkey85 wrote: »
    Its a charge on using your card, paid it yesterday

Yeah and its listed as 'Credit Card Charge' but I don't have a credit card, but pay by Debit Card, so why are they charging me a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Yeah and its listed as 'Credit Card Charge' but I don't have a credit card, but pay by Debit Card, so why are they charging me a fee.

cause theyre a private company and can pretty much do as they want

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    cause theyre a private company and can pretty much do as they want

yes but they shouldn't be allowed get away with it, will challenge them about it this time, get no where, then find a different way to pay.:D

yes but they shouldn't be allowed get away with it, will challenge them about it this time, get no where, then find a different way to pay.:D

course they shouldnt be but sure we shouldnt have privatised our rubbish problems. companies dont care. best of luck to you. always nice to see people challenge these companies.

• Advertisement

Got this reply:
    Thanks for your email

All credit/debit card transactions made online/over the phone are protected by Realex to ensure your details are safe. This service incurs a €0.14c surcharge on top of your transaction.

Kind Regards,

All credit/debit card transactions made online/over the phone are protected by Realex to ensure your details are safe. This service incurs a €0.14c surcharge on top of your transaction.

Realex
    Realex
    Realex

So their using some security payment company and passing the cost on to their customers just for topping up their accounts. Robbers:mad:

They say ALL online payments, so is this a new compulsory thing or what.

Got this reply:

So their using some security payment company and passing the cost on to their customers just for topping up their accounts. Robbers:mad:

They say ALL online payments, so is this a new compulsory thing or what.

privatisation! wait till yea see what happens when they privatise the water!

Advertisement