Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

labrador

• 22-06-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi would there be any reputable labrador breeders in cork/Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd recommend going through the breed club - have you given them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

tk123 wrote: »
    I'd recommend going through the breed club - have you given them a call?

Yes I've tried but no answer

Awwwwfook wrote: »
    Yes I've tried but no answer

You might need to give it time - the breed clubs are run by volunteers with day jobs etc. For mine I left a message and they called me back with a list of breaders near me and an estimate of when the pups would be ready. One was a bit too soon for us so I went with the other and it was the best decision I made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Awwwwfook wrote: »
    Hi would there be any reputable labrador breeders in cork/Waterford.

I'd head to NI if I was you. I've done extensive research and NI breed lines are a lot better than ROI.

Do not buy a Labrador whose parents have not been hip tested, no matter what the breed club or breeder assure you.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd head to NI if I was you. I've done extensive research and NI breed lines are a lot better than ROI.

Funny we were in the vets the other week and the guy we saw is from NI - he was asking where I got Lucy because got his lab in England! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Lemlin wrote: »

Do not buy a Labrador whose parents have not been hip tested, no matter what the breed club or breeder assure you.

But don't all labs get bad hips as the get older? I know mine has and the vet said this breed are known for getting bad hips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

cena wrote: »
    But don't all labs get bad hips as the get older? I know mine has and the vet said this breed are known for getting bad hips

Not necessarily, but ensuring you buy from health tested parents will ensure they don't get it too young or very bad when they are older.

Its heartbreaking to see a young dog with Hip Dysplacia and this is usually only a result of breeding unhealthy dogs.

Advertisement