Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunshot sounds at Seabourne view

Options
  • 22-06-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I'm constantly hearing gun shots / loud bangscoming from that direction. It is very frightening for my dog who then refuses to go for a walk in the Charlesland area.

Does anyone know where this is coming from ?

I though it might be clay pigeon shooting but then again there's a golf course behind it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe its the nursing home being built.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Perhaps it is a crow banger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

2011 wrote: »
    Perhaps it is a crow banger?

That would explain it alright. Anyway to have the farmer stop using this ?

I don't think it's fair that we have to put up with this noise when walking in our area not to mention that it frightens the sh1te out of our dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Farmer's crop Vs your recreation...

Good look convincing him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Can we persuade them the stop spreading slurry too as it is smelly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

swingking wrote: »

I don't think it's fair that we have to put up with this noise when walking in our area not to mention that it frightens the sh1te out of our dog.
    Bring plenty od poo bags with you when you are out walking with the dog :D
    I thought you were settling in well in your new country surroundings Swinking, sorry to see you are not too happy with country life.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Thanks John.

Ah I'm sure she'll get used to the sound. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Maybe its the nursing home being built.

I had a walk down there yesterday and there is no sign of any construction - i think a couple months ago they cleared some trees and flattened land (could be to use for landscaping on the golf course) but i expect that is to make the site more attractive to prospective buyers as the online advert for the site with planning permission is years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

swingking wrote: »

I think when people come to live in a rural area they must accept the farming practices that come with country living. This and slurry spreading are all part-and-parcel of rural life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I think when people come to live in a rural area they must accept the farming practices that come with country living. This and slurry spreading are all part-and-parcel of rural life!
    I was being sarcastic about the slurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic about the slurry.

:) yes I knew You were being sarcastic perhaps even sardonic! But I thought I'd include the reference because, believe it or not, there are those, new arrivals to the countryside, that advocate farmers should cease slurry spreading, silage making and the keeping of cocks (amongst other farming practices) because the odours generated by the two former and the crowing of the latter are new to them and they find them unpleasant! When in Rome etc...

Advertisement