Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre, contracts & FTTH

Options
  • 22-06-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

eFibre is finally showing as available at my address; however the speed increase isn't great (25M as opposed to the 16M I currently get).

If I upgrade am I locked into a new 18 month contract, and if so would this prevent me from further upgrading to FTTH when it becomes available (Greystones is one of the 16 initial towns where eircom FTTH is supposed to launch before the end of the year)?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

loyatemu wrote: »
    Hi,

eFibre is finally showing as available at my address; however the speed increase isn't great (25M as opposed to the 16M I currently get).

If I upgrade am I locked into a new 18 month contract, and if so would this prevent me from further upgrading to FTTH when it becomes available (Greystones is one of the 16 initial towns where eircom FTTH is supposed to launch before the end of the year)?

thanks.
    Hi loyatemu

In some cases DSL speeds will be faster than eFibre - it happens if a line is at a distance from the Fibre cabinet (speed decreased over distance from the cabinet up to a cut of point of approx 2Km) but is not as far from a local exchange which has a range to 6 to 8Km.

If in the future you have FTTC and eircom have another product like FTTH available to your line you would not be penalised for upgrading - the price may be different and the contract may be extended but you would not be charged for breaking contract.

Cheers

Al

Advertisement