Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamomile Recipes

Options
  • 22-06-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

I'm currently growing some chamomile in the garden and was wondering, apart from tea, if anyone knew of any recipes in which it can be used? The only ones I've come across are for tea or cream....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Havent come across much else myself but you can make a salve or some face masks from Chamomile ! Not sure if that helps but beats throwing it out. Or save the flowers to create tea pouches that you can use as a homemade Christmas gift....just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stephan5

Found that on vegetariantimes - did not yet try:
    If chamomile is not your cup of tea, this refreshing lemonade is a great new way to give the flower a try.
    ¾ cup cane sugar
    2 Tbs. grated lemon zest
    5 Tbs. fresh or dried chamomile flowers, or 6 chamomile tea bags
    ¾ cup lemon juice
    Lemon slices, for garnish
    Combine sugar, lemon zest, and 2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, and add chamomile flowers. Cool.
    Strain chamomile mixture into 2-qt. pitcher; stir in lemon juice and 3 cups water. Serve over ice with lemon slices, or store, covered, in refrigerator up to 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Might try the lemonade over the next day or 2 - I've lemons that need using and lots and lots and lots of chamomile flowers!

The teabags for Christmas gifts is a nice idea. I may look at the face masks as pressies also!

Advertisement