Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just reflashed a stock image of kit kat and updated. Took about 20 mins. Lollipop is much better, has a much more stock skin than kit kat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Did the same myself. Took me a bit longer on slower internet, the process itself is very easy once you get flashtool working.

^ Yeah thats true.

Anyone been able to figure out how to root this lollipop? Cant seem to get it working with the old intel way here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096

Tinie wrote: »
    ^ Yeah thats true.

Anyone been able to figure out how to root this lollipop? Cant seem to get it working with the old intel way here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096

Yea done it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352

use this and pick T4. have the superuser.zip on your tablet before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone bought one and not using it in Dublin, sorry I missed this offer

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yea done it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352

use this and pick T4. have the superuser.zip on your tablet before hand.

hmmm I keep getting this when I do that. Did you get this?

OwoAMwml.jpg

I cant see where to use the SuperSU zip.

I was on that screen but didn't get that message. You used the T4 option? The T3 didn't work for me. Perhaps you could try that.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I was on that screen but didn't get that message. You used the T4 option? The T3 didn't work for me. Perhaps you could try that.

Yeah used the T4 option. Not sure what the issue is. :confused:

No its saying "no valid medium" in blue.

Very annoying

Maybe try a factory reset? Youd think it'd be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Anyone tried skype with the new update? I can't get the camera to work during a call, outside the call or Skype works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Is there a custom recovery for lollipop preferably twrp? Tried the custom recovery for kk on lollipop says successful and it should boot into twrp but the tablet just boots fully.

hmmm I keep getting this when I do that. Did you get this?

OwoAMwml.jpg

I cant see where to use the SuperSU zip.

I was getting that make sure the drivers have installed properly, I went into the kk version did the t3 option it failed as expected but when I went to the one with t4 it then installed lol. Wasted an hour messing around with it.

There's no permanent recovery as such, its a temporary one that you need to be plugged into your PC to have access to. The bootloader on these are locked with no sign of the source code being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone use the sky go app yet? There's a nice little stutter for me on the live streams!

Perfect now on lollipop :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

Hi Guys,

Bought one of these myself (not as part of the BA unfortunately - missed out on that).

Could anyone give me an idea how to update from Kitkat to Lollipop?

Cheers :)

Aidan78 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Bought one of these myself (not as part of the BA unfortunately - missed out on that).

Guessing you rooted when on kk? If you did root then you need to flash back to stock kk then you should get the lollipop ota when boot up and connect to the internet.

Aidan78 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Go settings > about tablet > check for update

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

Same here reg update,,lollipop coming ref leonovo

Go settings > about tablet > check for update

My mistake buddy,ref lollipop update,,mines updated,non rooted,I rooted my leonovo k3 note though,,,was full of Chinese bloatware,now its grand,don't k bout rooting the yoga though,happy enough with it the way it is,good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Update is available guys.

• Advertisement

My mistake buddy,ref lollipop update,,mines updated,non rooted,I rooted my leonovo k3 note though,,,was full of Chinese bloatware,now its grand,don't k bout rooting the yoga though,happy enough with it the way it is,good luck with it.

Same as,ref k3 note,bloatware etc,but I won't risk rooting my yoga

What does this update do? Couldn't get mine to install it this morning.

Advertisement