Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone able to identify this plant?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

It's been appearing randomly throughout the garden. Nice leaves and quite odd flower. Can't find any matches online.

s7doLny.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Grindley

One of my favourite flowers (I think). Nigella damascena 'love in the mist'. They are normally purple but do come in pinks. They do tend to self seed. G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

Grindley wrote: »
    One of my favourite flowers (I think). Nigella damascena 'love in the mist'. They are normally purple but do come in pinks. They do tend to self seed. G

That's brilliant, thank you! Couldn't find any information on Google with image searches or (badly) phrased general searches. That particular one has very blue flowers at the bottom. This confused me at first, but if it's so prone to self-seeding, maybe there's a couple of them bundled in there together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Aagh im so jealous.planted 400 nigella seeds a few.months ago and not one has germinated! !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

seefin wrote: »
    Aagh im so jealous.planted 400 nigella seeds a few.months ago and not one has germinated! !!

Well, I'd love to take credit for those, but they have just sprouted where they are. I think some came in a pack of generic garden meadow seeds, not half as well-developed as those ones in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The seed heads are gorgeous

• Advertisement
Advertisement