Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Compare Monitors?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I bought a monitor last year. It suits me fine as a secondary monitor because I do all my video watching on my main one. The secondary monitor's black levels are quite poor, and so is its viewing angel - if I am not looking dead center, the quality starts to reduce.

My main monitor has now died and I need to buy a new one but as I will be using it to watch media, I want to ensure it isn't prone to the same issues as the other monitor.

What specs should I look at when comparing monitors in regards to these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sounds like you should go for a IPS monitor.
    The rest of the specs people go for when purchasing a monitor is usually stuff related to face paced gaming, response time and refresh rate. With IPS you will get one of the best colour screen panel types which is what you are requesting you need.

Advertisement