Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oz

• 22-06-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there :)
    I'm moving over in early September for a year with two of my friends. We're planning on travelling the east coast first when we arrive and then settle down somewhere once thats done. Any hints and tips of things to pack, places to see etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

good time of year to be coming. I came from asia so was living out of a backpack and bought more clothes when I settled in Sydney, no need for many jackets/jumpers until April/May in Sydney.

I done 2 weeks from cairns to whitsundays, fraser island and then finished in noosa.
    Add in sydney, melbourne, byron bay, Brisbane and gold coast and you've a great trip but it will cost you! I would take an educated guess of 6,000 AUD for 6 weeks especially if you want to do scuba diving, sky dive etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

s_dunne wrote: »
    Hi there :)
    Any hints and tips ...

bring lots and lots of money

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Antarctica

Plenty to see on the east coast, you could buy a car and take your time and stay in hostels on your way. Or get some sort of an organised bus tour could be a good laugh easy to meet other backpackers.

either way will be expensive

Advertisement