Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

makeup course

Options
  • 22-06-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good makeup courses that are run in the evenings or over a day or two, preferably ones that give you a cert of some sort and in the Munster area if possible.When I look it up there seems to be courses on but it's hard to know which are official and would give you a cert and which are good,reputable,established courses.

The only reason I ask about a cert is I'm planning to move next year and it would be good to have something to show that I actually completed a course. I see so many makeup artists online but never any mention of where they qualified,not that I'm thinking I'd be as good them but just curious where they learned their skills.

Any help would be great. Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Hi, if you're going moving abroad to work it might be worth getting a qualification that's recognised internationally (ITEC/CIBTAC). These courses will take longer to do so may not be ideal for you (for instance, the basic ITEC makeup course is 50 hours duration and half of that time is usually theory based). Potential employers may want to see a recognised qualification too - it depends on what sort of makeup work you want to do.
    That said, a good portfolio of work is the most important thing to have.

Advertisement