Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens if vendor passes away during sale?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

What happens if the vendor passes away after contracts signed but still waiting for negative equity consent from bank letter to come?

I'm seriously not having fun in this buying process.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    What happens if the vendor passes away after contracts signed but still waiting for negative equity consent from bank letter to come?

I'm seriously not having fun in this buying process.............

If there is no will then it goes to probate and thereafter the vendors estate. The sale progresses but it takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Goodness, speak to your solicitor. I imagine NE is no longer a concern as mortgage assurance kicks in, but I have no idea if the contract with a deceased person is enforceable, or when it becomes part of the Estate for the Executor to deal with. What a difficult situation for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

MouseTail wrote: »
    Goodness, speak to your solicitor. I imagine NE is no longer a concern as mortgage assurance kicks in, but I have no idea if the contract with a deceased person is enforceable, or when it becomes part of the Estate for the Executor to deal with. What a difficult situation for you.

I believe it's the executors decision and good point above on mortgage assurance. OP Good luck with it and hope it goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 68,919 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll be another year plus in even the quickest circumstances - I'd just walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

L1011 wrote: »
    You'll be another year plus in even the quickest circumstances - I'd just walk away

it depends

if the vendor is married it may simply pass to spouse with no serious delay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement