Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different Thunder B Shells - Thoughts?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've seen various debates on this, but most shops/sites don't have specifics. I believe there are different generations of Thunder B kits, obviously with the latest being the best.

My question is, which shells are the best? Pineapple, flashbang, cylinder or shocker? Link for the different styles is: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?keyword=thunder&Search=Search&Itemid=26&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse

I know there are the usual tricks of scoring lines with a stanley etc., but I just wanted to know which are the best out of the box. The flashbang ones look great because they have the rings top and bottom to stop the split going into the threads.

Opinions welcome and needed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

When I was using thunder b's I always thought the pineapple were the most reliable. I have since moved on to tornado's and zoxna's (well back to zoxna's) as I found the other two are cheaper to run, didn't die a death after 35 uses ( approx figure) and there are no site issues unlike the thunder b's.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

I have a zoxna as well, but I need a new large inner O-ring for the lower piece. And I love the bang of a TB! Ah I know it'll bring heartbreak eventually.

Out of curiosity, what sites don't allow them? I haven't been to many, but haven't had a problem before

Try Abby seals in Dublin for o rings, you will need an old one for sizing purposes.
    It's not that site don't allow them, but one site I play does not allow the dumbbell shaped shells as they as supposed to blow at over 120 db and another site I play does not allow the use of the grenades if they are anything other than factory standard ie no drilling ect, which is a pain as the older gen ones require a little modification to make them reliable.

Tried them, brought the original but they didn't have anything that matched which is a pain. I see that they've released 2 new grenades though, one being a wirelessly controlled spherical shaped one.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for that

No bothers, were they able to at lest give you a size for the o ring?

• Advertisement

I can't remember now, sorry. Problem wasn't even the diameter, more the girth :p

Advertisement