Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone holder / arm band for running

• 22-06-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I seem to be really heavy on these things. My latest one tore and fell apart on me this evening! Just as I was coming in the door so I was lucky :pac::p

Now, any I've had so far have been dirt cheap (less than €5) so I got loads of value out of them in fairness.

But wondered how you guys fair with them? Is it worth splashing out €20 on an armband? And if so, what ones?

I've been looking on amazon and the cheap ones I've been using seem to be the highest rated so just wondered what ye thought on here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Pink11 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I seem to be really heavy on these things. My latest one tore and fell apart on me this evening! Just as I was coming in the door so I was lucky :pac::p

Now, any I've had so far have been dirt cheap (less than €5) so I got loads of value out of them in fairness.

But wondered how you guys fair with them? Is it worth splashing out €20 on an armband? And if so, what ones?

I've been looking on amazon and the cheap ones I've been using seem to be the highest rated so just wondered what ye thought on here?

Thanks

What kind of phone is it ? I think I have one that I never use that is for an iPhone (not sure what iPhone, prob 4/5). If that's what you have, you can have it (it's a bose/reebok make)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I have an iphone 5s at the moment. I'd love to buy it off of you if it's a good one?

It looks decent enough, but I don't use them so wouldn't know the difference. It's branded as Reebok and came with a pair of Bose headphones. It's lying in a drawer unused, PM me your address and I'll throw it in the post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stred

Have you looked at a flip belt at all? It allows you to put a phone, keys, money, etc in securely and is weight balanced around your core. I changed to one last year and won't change back.

PaulieC is a legend. Sent me a really good reebook/bose armband. Delighted with it.

stred, I'm actually going to pick up a belt too this week. They are on sale in Lifestyle so going to give it a go. I was going to use that for everything else and keep my phone in the armband. Now that the weather is getting hotter I'm wearing lighter clothes with no pockets so needed something!

• Advertisement

Pink11 wrote: »
    PaulieC is a legend. Sent me a really good reebook/bose armband. Delighted with it.

The word legend is bandied about quite a lot these days, but in this case it's fully warranted :D

Cool. I usually put my phone at the front of the belt (with headphones trailing out the slot), keys on the handy clip on one side, money/leap card (for emergencies) on the other side. Leaves room at the back for a few gels if I need them.

stred wrote: »
    Cool. I usually put my phone at the front of the belt (with headphones trailing out the slot), keys on the handy clip on one side, money/leap card (for emergencies) on the other side. Leaves room at the back for a few gels if I need them.

Cool. Don't think the cheapy half price Lifestyle belt I'm going to get will hold all of that but going to see and play around in training! Picking it up on Wednesday - it's on hold in store for me.

Have a look on flipbelt_dot_com.

I think that RunZone and RunHub have them - about €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

If you're in to bafflingly detailed reviews of accessories and gadgets, you can't beat The Wirecutter:
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-iphone-running-band/

Some of their recommendations aren't cheap to source in Europe, but they always list alternatives and pretty much everything I've bought on their recommendation has been great.

That said, I bought this Belkin http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N7CRPSI for my iPhone 6 and it does the job - some minor niggles like not being able to lock the phone easily though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

stred wrote: »
    Have you looked at a flip belt at all? It allows you to put a phone, keys, money, etc in securely and is weight balanced around your core. I changed to one last year and won't change back.

I did the same ... Definitely the way to go - will never look back

*whispers quietly* I've even start using mine when I not out running, so handy for cars keys etc when you're out and about with no pockets. I'm very sad

I did the same ... Definitely the way to go - will never look back

*whispers quietly* I've even start using mine when I not out running, so handy for cars keys etc when you're out and about with no pockets. I'm very sad

I've been using my cheap waist belt from Lifestyle sport and it was crap! Too small.

So going to invest in one of these flipbelts. I hear nothing but good. Was going to order online but not sure what size to go with? Should I go with my actual size or a size smaller to eliminate bounce?

Advertisement