Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rig Temp

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Built a new rig about 3 months ago
    • 8GB-Kit GB HyperX FURY Black 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
    • ASUS H97-PLUS, Sockel 1150, ATX
    • Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box
    • MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2G, 2GB GDDR5
    • Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 250 GB
    • Thermaltake Berlin 630W

However, recently downloaded GTA V and the game crashes every now again, seems like over heating perhaps, then I downloaded speedfan and I am getting the temps in the picture during normal PC use (just on the internet),

Anyone any idea what could be the cause, it is weird that System temp is so high right?

I assume Auxtin are not connected so not too worried about them.

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated, I just spent a lot of money on this and I hate having problems already...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Well your main components are all showing normal temps so should be ok? Is it only in GTA that you are getting crashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

mordeith wrote: »
    Well your main components are all showing normal temps so should be ok? Is it only in GTA that you are getting crashes?

The only time I've suffered a crash has been in gta v so far, although that's the only thing I've done that would actually push my computer in any way.

The system temp is over 100 degrees, do you not think that is an issue?

1huge1 wrote: »
    The only time I've suffered a crash has been in gta v so far, although that's the only thing I've done that would actually push my computer in any way.

That could be a faulty reading I'd say. Can you check temps in BIOS or alternative software?

That could be a faulty reading I'd say. Can you check temps in BIOS or alternative software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Check if your rig can support temps of 100+

I know certain gpu will run at 80-95 when under heavy load.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Speedfan always gives weird readings on certain sensors.

The ones you have to worry about really are CPU and GPU, both are fine.

You can run something like Prime95 to stress the CPU or Furmark to stress your GPU if you're concerned about either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

As you said, CPU and GPU are fine, I guess I am not exactly sure what System temp is referring to anyway.

Perhaps it is just a glitch with GTA V as opposed to an overheating issue.

Thanks again

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

As you said, CPU and GPU are fine, I guess I am not exactly sure what System temp is referring to anyway.

Perhaps it is just a glitch with GTA V as opposed to an overheating issue.

Thanks again

Have you looked through the GTA V support. Might be some tips there. Below is a link to issues relating to crashes etc.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205778987-GTAV-PC-General-Troubleshooting-Installation-Issues-Crashes-Freezes-Poor-Performance

Advertisement