Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs250 zone tamp

Options
  • 23-06-2015 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Long story made short:
    Alarm wouldn't activate with error message "pd low battery"
    Dutifully changed all batteries in wireless sensors

Alarm still won't activate. New error message "zone tamp xxx"

Help please!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is a lid not closed correctly on the device assigned to that zone.
    It it looks right activate the device to make sure the system has the last signal sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

rathlyon wrote: »
    Long story made short:
    Alarm wouldn't activate with error message "pd low battery"
    Dutifully changed all batteries in wireless sensors

Alarm still won't activate. New error message "zone tamp xxx"

Help please!

When you try set the system it should tell you the zone that has the tamper on the lid.

Open the sensor and make sure the spring still there, sometimes it pops off when opened. Then just close up the device again and see if the system will set.

You can also go into your user menu if set up and see what tampers are open while doing this.

Here is a link to the user manual that explains more.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Delighted you are onboard koolkid. How does one do this? The covers appear back ok from the outside - is there a special mechanism on the inside of these before you click them back? Apologies complete novice here

Delighted you are onboard koolkid. How does one do this? The covers appear back ok from the outside - is there a special mechanism on the inside of these before you click them back? Apologies complete novice here

Check the spring is still in place by removing the cover and the put it back on.
    Is it only one device with the fault?

Hi Altor
    The message is on all of the sensors including the doors. Looks like a reseating is in order. Will keep you posted

• Advertisement

Hi Altor
    The message is on all of the sensors including the doors. Looks like a reseating is in order. Will keep you posted

What does it say when you enter the code?

Hi Altor

Will get back to you guys tomorrow as don't want to wake the house - thanks for your time do far!

altor wrote: »
    What does it say when you enter the code?

Zone tamp xxx and then lists the zones by number

Zone tamp xxx and then lists the zones by number

Go to the first one on the list and hold the tamper close and see if that clears the tamper on that device by getting someone else to key in the code.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If multiple zones are showing try activate each zone a few times by tapping the sensor or opening and closing the contacts. Sometimes you have to transmit a signal for the panel to see the device closed.

• Advertisement

The only other times I have seen tampers not responding they needed to be deleted and re-enrolled on the system.
    This is fairly straightforward if you have the engineer code.

Engineer code I have, sorry to be a pain but how do I delete and re-enroll the tampers

Engineer code I have, sorry to be a pain but how do I delete and re-enroll the tampers

Go into the zone inputs.
    Select the zone and scroll RF details to delete RF device.
    Then scroll to install RF device and trip the tamper to add the device.

The fun continues!
    I did what you said re removing and adding the zones and that has been resolved.

Went to activate the alarm, went through the alarming# message, then only one the area 1 (presume downstairs) actually armed.

The red light then went on on the trouble LED immediately

the beeping didnt go off allowing you to leave the area either - so back to square one!

Thanks again...

The fun continues!
    I did what you said re removing and adding the zones and that has been resolved.

Went to activate the alarm, went through the alarming# message, then only one the area 1 (presume downstairs) actually armed.

The red light then went on on the trouble LED immediately

the beeping didnt go off allowing you to leave the area either - so back to square one!

Thanks again...

When you turned off the alarm what was the message displayed?

When you turned off the alarm what was the message displayed?

Option 1
    Hit f1 key (full arm)
    Area 1 arming --- area 1 armed ---- red light comes on in trouble led

And option 2

Type in code
    Arming #
    area 1 armed - red light comes on in trouble led

Option 1
    Hit f1 key (full arm)
    Area 1 arming --- area 1 armed ---- red light comes on in trouble led

And option 2

Type in code
    Arming #
    area 1 armed - red light comes on in trouble led

That is an indication the alarm is set.
    The fault light is the one below.

What happened to the beep sound telling you to leave once the alarm was activated I wonder

What happened to the beep sound telling you to leave once the alarm was activated I wonder

Have you change the function keys settings?

Quick sets are without the beeps and arms instantly.

Lots could have been changed the last few days - any idea how to restore the beep sequence when you activate? I think it lasted 20-30 seconds approx

• Advertisement

Lots could have been changed the last few days - any idea how to restore the beep sequence when you activate? I think it lasted 20-30 seconds approx

Yeah no probs, go into the installation menu, scroll to function keys and change them to area 1 F1 full arm, F2 arm 1 part arm as opposed to quick arms.

Yeah no probs, go into the installation menu, scroll to function keys and change them to area 1 F1 full arm, F2 arm 1 part arm as opposed to quick arms.

Did this but still no joy with the beeping when you activate the alarm. Also it's the system led that goes red not this trouble (my mistake in saying)

Thanks for your patience 😄

Did this but still no joy with the beeping when you activate the alarm. Also it's the system led that goes red not this trouble (my mistake in saying)

Thanks for your patience 😄

Thats no problem, always happy to help :)
    That is correct, the trouble light goes orange and is below the red light.

If you are the alarm do you hear the beeps when you activate the entry route. By this I meant open the front door or what ever door you would normally use to enter your home.

Is the fault light not the middle one above the red alarm light(Status). (Which also lights to indicate part set)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is the fault light not the middle one above the red alarm light(Status). (Which also lights to indicate part set)

Yeah there are 4 of them, status does nothing as far as I know.

It is a CS250 keypad?
    3 lights Power,Trouble ,Status.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    It is a CS250 keypad?
    3 lights Power,Trouble ,Status.?

Yes, one down the bottom. Never seen it light up. 4 in total.

Really ?
    Where?
    353109.jpg

Here..

353112.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement