Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford in the 80's . What did you enjoy ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

'Peace' spelled out in the room lights on the Ard Rí at Christmas. Something very simple yet magical about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

do you still have "K-Recipe" chicken down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

do you still have "K-Recipe" chicken down there?

its called chick king now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Does anyone remember the Stonecourt discotheque (there's an 80s word for you?). I also remember people drinking black russians, I guess BR are not popular now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the Stonecourt discotheque (there's an 80s word for you?). I also remember people drinking black russians, I guess BR are not popular now though.

I remember the Stonecourt when I'd visit Waterford and I was partial to black russians too. That's a blast from the past. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

jca wrote: »
    Don't be a snob come and see bob. I saw him regularly in the Cleaboy, is that still there?

Cleaboy is still there alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kfallon wrote: »
    Cleaboy is still there alright!

Good that something survived I was in digs around the corner in Comeragh Green. Jeffs in town held a certain student attraction for me too.... great music on their sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

jca wrote: »
    Good that something survived I was in digs around the corner in Comeragh Green. Jeffs in town held a certain student attraction for me too.... great music on their sound system.

Cleaboy has prob changed a lot depending on when you were in digs in Comeragh Green.

I miss the games of football on Comeragh Green tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

ABC Radio.
    Article about Tramore's ABC in the current Hot Press magazine.

edbrez wrote: »
    Article about Tramore's ABC in the current Hot Press magazine.

That was a great station. I had a tape of their last day knocking around here for ages. On ten twenty six am:rolleyes: and stereo one oh one this is abc radio... Ahhh those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Martin Reid, Terry Kearns and the Blues in Kilcohan Park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does anyone remember "Kathleens Shop" that used to be in Dominic Place, it had everything and had a real organized chaos feel to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

rgmmg wrote: »
    Martin Reid, Terry Kearns and the Blues in Kilcohan Park

Mick Bennett (father of cyclist Sam) and Jimmy Donnelly too. Sad to see the Blues struggle so badly these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I remember always calling plastic bags Darrers' bags even when they weren't.

Whatever happened to Darrers?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

It closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Does anyone remember "Kathleens Shop" that used to be in Dominic Place, it had everything and had a real organized chaos feel to it!

We used to cut through the horse field from hillview to get to Kathleen's. Think she closed in the late 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I remember always calling plastic bags Darrers' bags even when they weren't.

Whatever happened to Darrers?

Its now McDonalds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I remember a few of the lads used to fleece the place blind!

There were a few little shops like that around at the time where people converted a front of their house or garage into a small shop. There was one in Ashley Court just as you come out the alley way from Hillview back in the 90's aswell. One in Lisduggan too.

Anyone remember the guy who had the shop in a bell lines container around the Larchville area? He was some robber, crazy prices we called him!! Nothing like Quinnsworth yellow pack cheese slices to get the taste buds racing....

• Advertisement
Advertisement