Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Fridge Freezer

Options
  • 23-06-2015 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Help.... we have just bought a Bosch Fridge Freezer and the noises it makes are unreal!.... like someone croaking and dying... no kidding!....

its not all the time just goes and goes like most freezer noises.... we were not expecting a quiet fridge but this is crazy...

Has anyone experienced this with fridge freezers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its not unusual for fridges to make gurgling sort of noises due to the refrigerant moving around the refrigeration circuit, and boiling off in the evaporator.

I found a new one I bought 2 years ago, to be noticably more noisy than the old one. The old one was not cooling properly, so might have been low on refrigerant, or compressor not compressing properly, so less refrigeration sounds from it.

Also, sometimes when new items are bought, anything that seems unusual is sort of magnified as people think its brand new, and something seems wrong.

If its working fine, it is probably OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

It is working fine, but the noise is seriously unreal....i know some noise is normal but this is really unacceptable, with the radio on quite loud in the kitchen you can still hear it i feel like throwing it out the window.... and it cost nearly 500 euros... and Bosch is supposed to be a good brand.... anyway have phoned the customer service and they are sending out an engineer....i just wish i had known that frost free ones makes such horrible noise, putting up with frost is a small price to pay rather than this horrible noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Well I doubt its because its frost free. If its abnormally noisy, it could be something wrong with it such as a faulty compressor for example, not because its a frost free one. They might gurgle a bit more as the evaporator is heated during the defrost cycle, but nothing overly annoying.

No matter what brand of any item ever made is considered, faults still occur, and no matter how expensive, although it is annoying for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Thanks, hopefully the engineer will find something. my cousin came to visit yesterday and sitting in the kitchen, said Gosh the cows are noisy today (we have a farm at the back of us) but no... it was the noise the fridge making!

Advertisement