Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First (but decent) Greenhouse.

Options
  • 23-06-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondered if you can give me some advice on my first greenhouse, the first thing I note is that they are not at all cheap and also, as it’s going in my garden I’d like to get one that’s moderately astatically pleasing.

Who are the main suppliers you folks would use and trust?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm not into gardening except for a few months of the summer.

I bought a polycarbonate 6 x 4 GH a few years ago from B&Q and I'm really happy with it. It has a aluminium frame with stiff plastic panels. Think I paid about €250 for it and it was easy to put together. I store logs in it during the winter so it's used all year round. ..lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I'm not into gardening except for a few months of the summer.

I bought a polycarbonate 6 x 4 GH a few years ago from B&Q and I'm really happy with it. It has a aluminium frame with stiff plastic panels. Think I paid about €250 for it and it was easy to put together. I store logs in it during the winter so it's used all year round. ..lol.

Ah, I didn’t know B&Q did greenhouses, might go up at lunch for a look.

TBH, I don’t want to spend the earth as I’m only starting out but I’ve had a plastic greenhouse before are they’re not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ah, I didn’t know B&Q did greenhouses, might go up at lunch for a look.

TBH, I don’t want to spend the earth as I’m only starting out but I’ve had a plastic greenhouse before are they’re not great.

Polycarbonate is very stiff plastic and more than strong enough for a starter greenhouse. Mine is about 5 years old and still in great condition. Lasted through the storms and big snow events of the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Polycarbonate is very stiff plastic and more than strong enough for a starter greenhouse. Mine is about 5 years old and still in great condition. Lasted through the storms and big snow events of the past few years.

That’s class, exactly what I need to get started.

I really hate that B&Q does not have an Irish website!

Advertisement