Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BOI Business On Line "solution" - Your digital certificate has failed to load

Options
  • 23-06-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭

When trying to authorise a payment using the new BOI BOL system, I get a notice saying "Your digital certificate is currently initialising. This process takes up to two minutes ..."

Several minutes later, the following error appears "Error - Your digital certificate has failed to load. Please click on the following link ..." when I follow the link, it doesn't appear to have anything useful on this error condition.

I've tried to get help on this from the support telephone line ... and from the support email ... so I'm trying this method for completeness.

I've read the FAQs ... I'm running Windows 7 Pro, IE11, and Java is up to date ... any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi trout, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We would like to have this looked into for you. Can you PM us with your name, contact number and branch name and we can arrange a call back for you. 

To send a pm, please ensure your signature is set to display in your 'Control Panel Settings' and then click on the link in my signature to send a private message. 

Thank you, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

same problem as user above. can you help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi stocktrader,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties loading your digital certificate, as Business Online uses the latest version of Java you may need to check what version you have installed and update this if necessary.

You can check www.java.com for the latest version (you should uninstall any older versions that you have already before installing the latest version).

We also have a help & support section for Business Online here which you may find useful.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi stocktrader,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties loading your digital certificate, as Business Online uses the latest version of Java you may need to check what version you have installed and update this if necessary.

You can check www.java.com for the latest version (you should uninstall any older versions that you have already before installing the latest version).

We also have a help & support section for Business Online here which you may find useful.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks
    Nicola
    this saga has been going on since Sunday. ok so Chrome doesn't seem to like java anymore so I switched to IE. Updated to Java version 8.51.

I'm trying to make a payment. It prompts for digicert password. I enter and wait for 2 mins(whatever thats about)

then...

Your digital certificate has failed to load, please click on the following link for more information: http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/bol/bolhelpandsupport/

can someone please help

Ans yes I go to your help and support to order a new digital certificate:

http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/bol/bolhelpandsupport/

The guide is out of date.

I log in to my Admin BOI BOL and dont see any option to request certificate.

can you call me please tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hi stocktrader, 

Once again, sorry to hear that you're still experiencing these difficulties. 

Can you PM us with your name, contact number and branch name and we can arrange for one of our Business Online representatives to call you today. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Hi stocktrader, 

Once again, sorry to hear that you're still experiencing these difficulties. 

Can you PM us with your name, contact number and branch name and we can arrange for one of our Business Online representatives to call you today. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    hi I managed to request digital cert and sorted now. thanks

Hi stocktrader, 

Delighted to hear that it is all sorted now however, if you need assistance with anything else, please don't hesitate to get in contact. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MJCronin

Also having problems with business online and the digital certificate failing to load.

No response yet from business online help.

MJCronin wrote: »
    Also having problems with business online and the digital certificate failing to load.

No response yet from business online help.
    Good Morning MJCronin, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Our previous response on this thread from Nicola may help with the difficulties you're experiencing. If you've tried this and are still unable to load your digital certificate please let us know here. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 guthlaf

Hi, 

I have the same problem as above. I have the latest Java version. I tried from Safari and from Firefox and the same thing happened. I really need to make these payments asap. What should I do? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks a lot, 

Marcus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

guthlaf wrote: »
    Hi, 

I have the same problem as above. I have the latest Java version. I tried from Safari and from Firefox and the same thing happened. I really need to make these payments asap. What should I do? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks a lot, 

Marcus
    Hi guthlaf,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you would like to send us a PM with your full name and phone number we will be happy to arrange a call back from our technical team.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vincent_os

I am having the same problem using Chrome and Firefox.

If you managed to get the issue resolved could you post the resolution steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

vincent_os wrote: »
    I am having the same problem using Chrome and Firefox.

If you managed to get the issue resolved could you post the resolution steps?

Chrome doesn't support Java anymore, so you'll have to get it working in Firefox (or the dreaded IE).

When I've have this problem it's been it of date Java, but it's a pain as the error message didn't simply say 'Java is out of date', which it used to do.

Wish they moved away from Java with the redesign, like Revenue is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Just encountered the same problem - using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (upgrading automatically wipes IE). It doesn't support Java either. Surely the online banking redesign should have taken account of the rapidly diminishing browsers supporting Java? Very poor planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

alastair wrote: »
    Just encountered the same problem - using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (upgrading automatically wipes IE). It doesn't support Java either. Surely the online banking redesign should have taken account of the rapidly diminishing browsers supporting Java? Very poor planning.
    Hi Alastair,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear this. We will certainly pass on your feedback to our Business On Line Team. 

We have a similar thread discussing this here

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement