Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070

Options
  • 23-06-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I had my front door replaced yesterday. They damaged the cable, but I repaired it. The joint is the meeting point for all of the house sensors. The joint is now hidden in the wall above the door. I tested everything yesterday to make sure sensors were arming.

I haven't replaced the sensor on the front door yet, so I'm just working with two bare wires. The door is set as zone 1, on is own. When I select zone type as ent\exit the system arms but doesn't go of when I break the contract. When I set it as zone type alarm, then the system works perfectly except there is no delay, the bell goes of straight away.

What obvious mistake have I made?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

JamBur wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I had my front door replaced yesterday. They damaged the cable, but I repaired it. The joint is the meeting point for all of the house sensors. The joint is now hidden in the wall above the door. I tested everything yesterday to make sure sensors were arming.

I haven't replaced the sensor on the front door yet, so I'm just working with two bare wires. The door is set as zone 1, on is own. When I select zone type as ent\exit the system arms but doesn't go of when I break the contract. When I set it as zone type alarm, then the system works perfectly except there is no delay, the bell goes of straight away.

What obvious mistake have I made?

If you break the cable does it show open?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

If zone type is alarm then breaking contact sets of the system. If zone type is ent\exit it ignores it whether it's made or not. Is there a menu option to disable certain zone types?

If zone type is alarm then breaking contact sets of the system. If zone type is ent\exit it ignores it whether it's made or not. Is there a menu option to disable certain zone types?

What is the zone hardware set at?

Non eol

Non eol

That a strange one as if it works when set as alarm the entry/exit should work too. Can you go into the service menu, eng tool and select show open zones and check if it shows open in both states.

You may have a crossed wire in your connections in the wall.

If that is the case and you cant repair then you can also add a wire free contact to the 10/70. Close off the zone in the panel and set the zone up as RF and add the device in there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for helping out with this,

When i check in the eng menu\ open zones, its showing as open when i break it, and closed when i make it. It seems to be ok.

This is annoying me now, I have a feeling its some obvious setting disabled somewhere.

Why would it work as an alarm type zone, but not as an ent\exit?

Thanks for helping out with this,

When i check in the eng menu\ open zones, its showing as open when i break it, and closed when i make it. It seems to be ok.

This is annoying me now, I have a feeling its some obvious setting disabled somewhere.

Why would it work as an alarm type zone, but not as an ent\exit?

The zone type should have no bearing on it showing open or closed unless its set to unused which its not.

Does it show open set as entry/exit in the open inputs menu?

altor wrote: »
    The zone type should have no bearing on it showing open or closed unless its set to unused which its not.

Does it show open set as entry/exit in the open inputs menu?

Zone 1 has a text name of Front Door, and is set to type ent/exit. In the eng tools, open inputs menu, it shows z001front door as open or closed when I open close the pair of cables.

Zone 1 has a text name of Front Door, and is set to type ent/exit. In the eng tools, open inputs menu, it shows z001front door as open or closed when I open close the pair of cables.

Can you part set the alarm and then open this pair and tell me what happens.

Ok, progress......

I part set the system, opened the pair, the system armed hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    I full set the system, opened the pair , the system armed...

I just realised that this is normal behaviour..........I'm a f&%king idiot :D

edit: should it set with out the pair being closed?

• Advertisement

Ok, progress......

I part set the system, opened the pair, the system armed hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    I full set the system, opened the pair , the system armed...

I just realised that this is normal behaviour..........I'm a f&%king idiot :D

edit: should it set with out the pair being closed?

That does not sound right.
    When you open the pair when set to entry/exit it should beep to give you an indication to disarm the system.
    Not arm the system?

Sorry, I wasn't the best explaining, its arming with the 30 second delay

Sorry, I wasn't the best explaining, its arming with the 30 second delay

Ok the system arms when you set it using the code.
    Then when you open the wire it starts the beeps?

Exactly, I think everything is sorted out now. Thanks for being the sounding board for me. The lads (including yourself) on this forum are always superb help.

Exactly, I think everything is sorted out now. Thanks for being the sounding board for me. The lads (including yourself) on this forum are always superb help.

No problem, glad its all sorted.
    If you have any other issues you know where we are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Call Pat

Hi There.
    Just wondering if you can help me. I have a friend with a hkc securewatch 1070 alarm system with a gsm q installed inside. he wants to know if he can set the alarm off like a panic alarm from his phone. I have no idea why he wants to be able to do this but he is insisting on finding a way of doing so. Thanks

Call Pat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm sure it works via the emulated keypad if * # is programmed as PA.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm sure it works via the emulated keypad if * # is programmed as PA.

Not all phones will allow you to hold both down on a touchscreen?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good point. Don't think there is any other method. I wonder will there be any issues with Garda response on a monitored alarm that has been activated remotely.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    A good point. Don't think there is any other method. I wonder will there be any issues with Garda response on a monitored alarm that has been activated remotely.

Surely that wouldn't be a common occurrence? Might be an issue in the future to come but right now I doubt that happens a lot for them to do anything about it.

• Advertisement

A panic alarm itself is not a common occurrence. But in most cases the Guards drop everything to respond to PAs. They can, understandably, be annoyed when it turns out to be a false alarm. If these alarms are to be activated remotely I think they may take issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

no he can't as he has a GSM Q and not a GSM SC so he doesn't have the virtual keypad.

Advertisement