Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride - Sunday 13th September **no entry requests/offers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

How long should the 60km spin take, for normal cyclists, not Superman?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How long should the 60km spin take, for normal cyclists, not Superman?

2.5-3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was going to sign up but I'm doing hell and back on Saturday, might be asking a bit much if the body

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

signs up all over NCD this morning also believe there was notices posted out to residents in portmarnock about disruption etc. Be interesting to see how it goes with traffic and general public reaction etc. It would be great to have a big event like this through Dublin every year.

I'm doing the 100km and dragging a few sportive first timers so it is reaching the newbies as they were really interested after seeing advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Signed up for the 100.

Might as well be able to say I did one Sportive and closed roads in Dublin sounds interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Due to do the 100 but arm in a sling so a race against time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

interestingly the website says that registration closes a week before the event, i wonder will this actually be the case?
    i probably won't know till about wednesday if i can do it and amn't forking out e40 on spec!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

I won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday either I wonder if you can go down on e Saturday and register?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Worried you won't make the 60k? Canada's Big Bike Ride is 11,000km

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/11-000-kilometres-later-highlights-from-clara-s-big-ride-1.1894986

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeycav

Quick Q guys
    I signed up for the 100km last nite, total noob, do i need to buy a licence too to ride it or does the 40€ entry fee cover everything?
    cheers
    michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭birofunk

Just tried to sign up on the site there, filled out the forms and was brought to the Cycling Ireland site which says registration is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

mickeycav wrote: »
    Quick Q guys
    I signed up for the 100km last nite, total noob, do i need to buy a licence too to ride it or does the 40€ entry fee cover everything?
    cheers
    michael

No need for a licence for this event. It is something you should consider for the future though if you intend to keep cycling and doing events - you'll get some insurance cover and discounts for some of the events.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Signed up for the 100Km for this. Never done an organised ride before.

Very poor substitute for the Berlin marathon but at least it's something.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please do not post requests for or offers of registration. ID has to be provided at sign-on so it's pretty pointless anyway

Any questions PM me - do not respond in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I just tried signing up there an banner page says "Registration is now closed"

I find that a bit odd, are they saying therefore they have 5,000 folk signed up already - I seriously doubt that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

bazermc wrote: »
    I just tried signing up there an banner page says "Registration is now closed"

I find that a bit odd, are they saying therefore they have 5,000 folk signed up already - I seriously doubt that

The registration was always going to close a week before the event regardless of the numbers. The last number I heard for registrations last week was circa 2,200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

According to their Facebook:

Parking is available in Q Park Four Courts across from Smithfield for €4 for the day.

Additional parking is being provided at Collins Barracks through the Arbour Hill entrance. No mention if it's free or pay.

The registration was always going to close a week before the event regardless of the numbers. The last number I heard for registrations last week was circa 2,200.

Their Facebook says that 3000 have registered.

traprunner wrote: »
    Their Facebook says that 3000 have registered.

Well that's probably from the last week, it was Sat 29th we were told those figures.

Well that's probably from the last week, it was Sat 29th we were told those figures.

It must have been a late rush as it was posted a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'm doing the 100k , let's see what the weather brings .

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Bigus wrote: »
    I'm doing the 100k , let's see what the weather brings .

Apparently 70% chance of rain! :eek:

HTFU!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If we hurry and get finished by about 1.00PM, we should beat the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If we hurry and get finished by about 1.00PM, we should beat the rain.

I like your style!:D

Also, in other news... I received my number to day and a link to the handbook, thanks CI, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Neleven

conkennedy wrote: »
    I like your style!:D

Also, in other news... I received my number to day and a link to the handbook, thanks CI, etc

Me too but in the handbook it says that the jersey they promised to the first 1000 to sign up will actually go, it seems, to the first to sign on on Saturday:
    "At sign on you will receive a goodie bag containing a seat cover, water bottle, jersey/T-shirt (allocated by size on a first come first serve basis)"

Though it's not really that big a deal, having signed up in July - presumably in the first 1000 though who knows, it's a tad disappointing as I have a 70km trip just to get to Smithfield and won't be there early in the day; I want a jersey!!! 😩
    Still, looking forward to it.

Neleven wrote: »
    Me too but in the handbook it says that the jersey they promised to the first 1000 to sign up will actually go, it seems, to the first to sign on on Saturday:
    "At sign on you will receive a goodie bag containing a seat cover, water bottle, jersey/T-shirt (allocated by size on a first come first serve basis)"

Though it's not really that big a deal, having signed up in July - presumably in the first 1000 though who knows, it's a tad disappointing as I have a 70km trip just to get to Smithfield and won't be there early in the day; I want a jersey!!! 😩
    Still, looking forward to it.

The registration numbers are on the packs, so the correct jersey should be in the pack against the first 1000 entries. The volunteers on the day won't be putting packs together just finding the right pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I registered very early on, but I don't remember giving a jersey size. If the jerseys are pre packed, how do they know, what size to pack?

The registration numbers are on the packs, so the correct jersey should be in the pack against the first 1000 entries. The volunteers on the day won't be putting packs together just finding the right pack.

That makes sense. I can stop sulking now.

I registered very early on, but I don't remember giving a jersey size. If the jerseys are pre packed, how do they know, what size to pack?

That makes sense too. Now I'm confused. And sulking again.

• Advertisement

One size fits most??
    I don't really know, that is what we were told. I've another meeting on Thursday I'll raise it again then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement