Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride - Sunday 13th September **no entry requests/offers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Found my email in my spam folder. Make sure to check there if you haven't gotten one yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Same here, found in Spam.

Organizers should text all the participating to let them know if that's more widespread....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

see lengthy reply on previous page, that comment was not meant to be taken seriously, my most sincere apologies to all of those who did :)

i agree re freeloaders availing of facilities that entrants have paid for.

how can you tell a freeloader from some one who signed up for it but can't make the extra trip in to town on the saturday because they have to mind the kids and bring them to football/swimming etc.

most well run events allow you to sign on midweek after work in convenient location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hi Anna

For those of us who applied on deadline Sunday.
    Should we have received an email with no. etc by now?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What does the jersey look like anyway

I presume it is Rapha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

ted1 wrote: »
    how can you tell a freeloader from some one who signed up for it but can't make the extra trip in to town on the saturday because they have to mind the kids and bring them to football/swimming etc.

most well run events allow you to sign on midweek after work in convenient location.

Yep..in an ideal world these events would be free..sign on would not be required and everyone would be capable of cycling 100k at and average speed of 40kph! some day maybe.

Freeloaders...They'll be the ones with no number I suppose. But they'll have "some neck" to avail of a service they haven't paid for. Plenty of those type of people around unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

bazermc wrote: »
    What does the jersey look like anyway

CI-P050WUAAi2c5.png

Found mine in spam too.

Phew.

Also no jersey for me. That's deeply unfair to us congregants of the church of outrageous procrastination. :(

Found mine in spam too.

Phew.

Also no jersey for me. That's deeply unfair to us congregants of the church of outrageous procrastination. :(

You what ted?

The great Dublin Ride

Ah yes I can see why such an email with that text would go striaght to Spam :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That'll learn ya to get yer act together next time:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I hear the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday. Could the people running this not have done something about this? Absolutely shocking organisation!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I hear the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday. Could the people running this not have done something about this? Absolutely shocking organisation!
    They had planned a few more cycling marshals riding around with umbrellas up. My club got the request, but alas we could not muster up any volunteers to help out. Don't think we can blame the organisers though - it's definitely an issue with the CI membership not being prepared to help out when requested ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Beasty wrote: »
    They had planned a few more cycling marshals riding around with umbrellas up. My club got the request, but alas we could not muster up any volunteers to help out. Don't think we can blame the organisers though - it's definitely an issue with the CI membership not being prepared to help out when requested ....
    Ah there is another statutory meeting today. I bet it's to request that the councils involved erect a clear dome like structure over the route before Sunday.

Beasty wrote: »
    That'll learn ya to get yer act together next time:pac:

If only there was something in my post to indicate my acceptance of culpability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yep..in an ideal world these events would be free..sign on would not be required and everyone would be capable of cycling 100k at and average speed of 40kph! some day maybe.

Freeloaders...They'll be the ones with no number I suppose. But they'll have "some neck" to avail of a service they haven't paid for. Plenty of those type of people around unfortunately.

is it not like the w200 and orwell randonnee where you have to show your card
    to gain entrance to the food stops? be suprised if you could just roll up and gain entrance to the facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

When it says "At the sign on process you must bring your Entry Confirmation Email or your Event Number confirmation email" can I just present my smartphone, or do I need a printout?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

is it not like the w200 and orwell randonnee where you have to show your card
    to gain entrance to the food stops? be suprised if you could just roll up and gain entrance to the facilities

No idea...Guess we'll find out on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I was up around Naul and Ballyboghil today. There are signs posted, warning motorists about the Cycle.
    Well done.

Jeeze lads this a great thread now - I was in a bad mood this morning this has cheered me right up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I was up around Naul and Ballyboghil today. There are signs posted, warning motorists about the Cycle.
    Well done.

yeah they seem to have made a big effort a couple of weeks ago to get it well posted to warn people in advance. have them right out through clontarf, malahide, swords etc and the sections that i cycled last sunday past the airport all had good signage

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep GreatDublinBikeRide: Anna

Hi Anna

Should we have received an email with no. etc by now?

Regards

Hi , yes everyone should have received an email at this stage. If not check your spam. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep GreatDublinBikeRide: Anna

OldBean wrote: »
    When it says "At the sign on process you must bring your Entry Confirmation Email or your Event Number confirmation email" can I just present my smartphone, or do I need a printout?

Hi, yes smart phone is ok . Thanks

Anna you're awful selective with your replies....Any chance you can enlighten us on the parking in Collins Barracks. What time is that parking facility accessible on the Sunday? Does it have a closing time?
    Both parking suggestions from GDBR peeps is very limited and very vague in its details.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Anna you're awful selective with your replies....Any chance you can enlighten us on the parking in Collins Barracks. What time is that parking facility accessible on the Sunday? Does it have a closing time?
    Both parking suggestions from GDBR peeps is very limited and very vague in its details.

give her a break, its all published for God's sake.

Q-Park Four Courts

15-21 Usher’s Quay

Dublin 8

Cost €4 – All day

Open 24hrs

Collins Barracks

Benburb Street

Dublin 7

Cost Free

Open from 5.45am, Closes 5pm

Entry to the car park through Arbour Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Phoenix park has free parking too.

give her a break, its all published for God's sake.

Q-Park Four Courts

15-21 Usher’s Quay

Dublin 8

Cost €4 – All day

Open 24hrs

Collins Barracks

Benburb Street

Dublin 7

Cost Free

Open from 5.45am, Closes 5pm

Entry to the car park through Arbour Hill
    Thanks for that.

I asked on this thread and the rep didn't answer, but answered questions that were asked after mine - that is selective.

There is no point having a rep posting here if they don't answer the questions asked here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks for that.

I asked on this thread and the rep didn't answer, but answered questions that were asked after mine - that is selective.

There is no point having a rep posting here if they don't answer the questions asked here.

Probably not selective but simply didn't see your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭custom_build

New start numbers have been sent out because of a computer glitch. People should check their spam for this again I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

New start numbers have been sent out because of a computer glitch. People should check their spam for this again I guess.

Is this for all or just a select number of entrants ?
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement