Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride - Sunday 13th September **no entry requests/offers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

whacker00 wrote: »
    Is this for all or just a selec number of entrants ?
    Thanks

I didn't get a second email.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Has the cut off date for jerseys for those registered early been affected by this glitch? I had a race number in the 600s previously and now I'm in the 1000's and I registered on the 29th June?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Has the cut off date for jerseys for those registered early been affected by this glitch? I had a race number in the 600s previously and now I'm in the 1000's and I registered on the 29th June?

As long as you registered by 28th July, you should get a jersey.

If not, you will get a t shirt

I was no. 250 or so and now in the 500's. Going to try and get in early on sat tp make sure I get a jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpudBr

Has everyone got their email or instructions as to what to do , where to go . It is now the Wednesday night and I have received nothing , Is it not a small bit late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

whacker00 wrote: »
    Is this for all or just a select number of entrants ?
    Thanks

The email I got said they had to reissue all bib numbers.

I reg'd on 24th June, bib number yesterday was near 3000, today its about 2500. Not sure what system they used for generating the numbers.

I'm sure there'll be issues with registration and on Sunday, but nothing out of the ordinary that you'll wont get with any major new event.

Fingers crossed the weather plays nice and everyone has an enjoyable day on the bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Number means nothing. I registered mid June and my number is in the 3000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Crocked wrote: »
    The email I got said they had to reissue all bib numbers.

I reg'd on 24th June, bib number yesterday was near 3000, today its about 2500. Not sure what system they used for generating the numbers.

I'm sure there'll be issues with registration and on Sunday, but nothing out of the ordinary that you'll wont get with any major new event.

Fingers crossed the weather plays nice and everyone has an enjoyable day on the bike

I registered the same day as you. Same story, bib number mid 2000s.

My new number is ls 368 less than my original number.
    Whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I was mid 300's and now early 600's. I registered July 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

My start number is in the early 3000's

I registered on June 24th....

Better get s jersey.
    Hoping to do the 100km in aobi g time of 3 hours 20 mins or less.
    Total "Climbing" is only 725m

My start number is in the early 3000's

I registered on June 24th....

Better get s jersey.
    Hoping to do the 100km in aobi g time of 3 hours 20 mins or less.
    Total "Climbing" is only 725m

All of the climbing is between Kms 27 and 64.
    And some of the hills are tough enough, Snowtown is a little bugger, and Nag's Head is quite a drag and through Ardcath is tight enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Eamonnator wrote: »
    All of the climbing is between Kms 27 and 64.
    And some of the hills are tough enough, Snowtown is a little bugger, and Nag's Head is quite a drag and through Ardcath is tight enough.

Did the hillier bits last weekend on a spin. Testy but ok if you cycle a bit. I'd say there will be walkers up Snowtown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Garthvader

Did the hillier bits last weekend on a spin. Testy but ok if you cycle a bit. I'd say there will be walkers up Snowtown though.

Just checked out a few of these climbs... (out of panicky curiousity).
    Are we not actually going DOWN the Snowtown climb?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Garthvader wrote: »
    Just checked out a few of these climbs... (out of panicky curiousity).
    Are we not actually going DOWN the Snowtown climb?
    You've got to go up before you can come down the aptly named Snowtown;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Garthvader

Beasty wrote: »
    You've got to go up before you can come down the aptly named Snowtown;)

Fair enough, it just seems that going up it from the opposite direction is a lot worse... but then again I'm interpreting Strava data here...

Garthvader wrote: »
    Fair enough, it just seems that going up it from the opposite direction is a lot worse... but then again I'm interpreting Strava data here...

We'll be going up Snowtown from Naul direction. Your'e quite right, it is worse from other direction.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    We'll be going up Snowtown from Naul direction. Your'e quite right, it is worse from other direction.

Bellewstown north to south is a great one, not included here but if you're out that way and looking for a climb...,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I actually had a +1000 and now a ~600. I suspect the renumbering must be to have all the 100k and 60k participants clearly segregated in different number lots.

I hope they leave at least 1 lane fully dedicated to the activity. Having said that it will be a bit annoying to have to stop every few hundred metres at traffic lights in an event like this but so be it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone taking part with a non road bike? I am considering doing it with my Brompton as I have done the distance before with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

gzoladz wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is anyone taking part with a non road bike? I am considering doing it with my Brompton as I have done the distance before with it.

I noticed a crack on my carbon road frame last week so I'm going to do it on my hybrid now. I've been trying to get used to it again since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

I've signed up for a 100k but I'm beginning to have doubts as to my ability to complete the climbs. If till Friday I get my new chainrings 50-34 (currently 53-39) then maybe it will not be so bad but if I don't I might skip the 100 and do the 60 instead. Anyone can advise if the climbs in 100k route are very nasty ? At the moment I am training on a daily basis on the Vico Rd in Killiney and Im finding the last climb before the roundabout and stone arch the hardest then I take another climb leading back to Vico Rd through the Strathmore Rd which is pretty nasty too. Both of these push me to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭woppi

gzoladz wrote: »

Also doing the 60km and I'm going with my EDC (every day commuter :) ) bike, a Giant Escape 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

omri wrote: »
    I've signed up for a 100k but I'm beginning to have doubts as to my ability to complete the climbs. If till Friday I get my new chainrings 50-34 (currently 53-39) then maybe it will not be so bad but if I don't I might skip the 100 and do the 60 instead. Anyone can advise if the climbs in 100k route are very nasty ? At the moment I am training on a daily basis on the Vico Rd in Killiney and Im finding the last climb before the roundabout and stone arch the hardest then I take another climb leading back to Vico Rd through the Strathmore Rd which is pretty nasty too. Both of these push me to the limit.

You'll be fine...just take the climbs at your own pace and don't stress about it.

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep GreatDublinBikeRide: Anna

361815.png
    Please familiarise yourself with the route you're cycling. Details of both routes are contained
    on our event website.
    www.GreatDublinBikeRide.ie
    Course signage for the Great Dublin Bike Ride will be positioned throughout the course and
    at feed stations. It will be clearly visible and distinguished by its bright yellow background
    and bright blue font. See examples above.
    Please follow this signage and the directions of the marshals and Gardai to navigate your way around the routes.

Please see below all the info you will need about food and drink replenishments at the feed stations along the
    #GDBR
    100km and 60km routes. For more information please check the participant booklet on our website
    http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Participant-Information-Booklet.pdf

361816.png

Don't forget we will have Jennifer Jones available for a Q&A session tonight between 7-8pm on our Twitter @DublinBikeRide for anyone who might have some questions or looking for some advice ahead of the GDBR on Sunday. Jennifer is a Chartered Physiotherapist who went to Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. She has worked in sports and spinal private practice, currently working in St. Vincent's University Hospital, and has a special interest in Women's Health and Health Promotion. Marathon runner and RYT 200 Yoga Teacher. All you have to do is tweet @GreatDublinBikeRide tonight between 7-8pm and she will be on hand to answer any of your questions.
    #GDBR

361817.jpg

If you are unable to participate in this year’s Great Dublin Bike Ride but would still love to be able to tune in and catch all the action, well we have an app for that. All you have to do is download the app ‘Periscope’ to your phone via
    https://www.periscope.tv/
    . Log on to the app on Sunday 13th September at 8am-8.30am, click on Map, go to Dublin and you will be able to watch all cyclists as they cross the start line and out along the quays.
    361819.png

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@Anna

Not sure if the fact the thread is no longer showing up on the Cycling Forum front page may have caused some confusion, but the original sponsored thread remains active and can be viewed here. There are a few unanswered posts there

I bet someone asks Jennifer Jones about parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silenagig

Do most people do these events in a group? I've never done an organised cycle before and am doing the 60km on my own. Wondering if I'll be the only billy no mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

silenagig wrote: »
    Do most people do these events in a group? I've never done an organised cycle before and am doing the 60km on my own. Wondering if I'll be the only billy no mates...

I've done them bebefore on my own. Sometimes it's better as you can go at your own pace and chat to whoever (if you want to!)

Def not billy no mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 silenagig

Thanks! I tried to rope in some friends but they were having none of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement