Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get cheap anti-bacterial wipes for the phone and laptop?

Options
  • 23-06-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I always buy the Fellowes wipes in PC World for €8.99 but I find I am always running through them. They are really small so I need a couple a go and a huge % of the tub is very dry for the price.

Are there any household wipes like Dettol etc that can be used for wiping down laptops and phones. I'm a clean freak and I carry both items around with me a lot so I clean them every evening and it's beginning to become an expensive habit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You would probably get something like that in Tesco's/Dunnes/Dealz. They have various cleaning products for electrical goods. Some household wipes would use abrasives.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

GBX wrote: »
    You would probably get something like that in Tesco's/Dunnes/Dealz. They have various cleaning products for electrical goods. Some household wipes would use abrasives.

I've looked in all those places and the only ones that I can find are these:

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274849884

Just not sure if they are safe to use on screens/keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I've looked in all those places and the only ones that I can find are these:

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274849884

Just not sure if they are safe to use on screens/keyboards.

Touch screen or normal screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You could just use a lint free cloth in conjunction with a very fine spray applicator. I got a flower sprayer in a garden center and fill it with a Dettol dilution. Spray a little onto the cloth and wipe. Have a dry cloth to use after.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Both computer and phone are touch screens but I never use the touch screen on the laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I normally just use lint free kitchen towel and a spay bit of dettol spray (clear bottle). I have never had any issue doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I use LIDLs Toujours baby wipes for my phone, my ipad, my laptop, my glasses etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I don't use of those disinfectant wipes because they always leave a nasty sticky smear on everything.

I use alcohol wipes because it evaporates really quickly and doesn't leave behind and residue that I can see. I got a box of cutisoft wipes from boots for cheap. They're the tiny little alcohol squares doctors use.

Advertisement