Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing Customer discounts

Options
  • 23-06-2015 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Electric Ireland,

I recently rang you to enquire about a loyalty discount as an existing customer. I had already done my home work and there are a number of competitors offering a much better discount.

I was told outright that only the advertised discounts were available.

So off I went and I switched providers. A week later I get a call from Electric Ireland CS to offer a matching discount/rate if I cancelled my switch.

Why on earth couldn't you have just matched the rate BEFORE I switched?

Is this a company policy? Are EI only allowed offer matching discounts after the switch process has started?

Regards, PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Reps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ProjectMoose,

Thank you for getting in touch.

One of our reps has been in contact via PM.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Aoife,

My query is not account specific so no account information is required.
    I am no longer an EI customer.

This is a general enquiry regarding your discount policy.

Are EI only allowed to offer matching discounts after a switch process has started?

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Good morning ProjectMoose,

Electric Ireland have various discount offers from time to time and always endeavour to keep these offers as consistent as possible. We cannot comment on your experience specifically in the absence of your account details.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement