Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live help

Options
  • 23-06-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Is this the normal caliber of the Eircom customer service agents ?

Not very customer friendly, and downright rude.
    Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

You are now connected with Liam
    Liam: Welcome to the eircom-sales webchat, my name is Liam how can I help you today?
    Oleras: Hi Liam, i have a question about efiber
    Oleras: going by the rollout map, my exchange, Patrickswell was due to go live May 2015, has it ? when i check my number is says it is not available
    Liam: Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    Liam:
    Liam: Landline number please.
    Oleras: 061xxxxxx
    Liam: I'm afraid we currently have no timeframe however eircom will look to get as much people as they can live within the year.
    Liam: I will send you a link now to register, once available we will contact you.
    Liam: please click here to register
    Oleras: i already did
    Liam: We will contact you when available.
    Liam: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Oleras: when will it be available ?
    Liam: I'm afraid we currently have no timeframe however eircom will look to get as much people as they can live within the year.
    Oleras: do you know if anyone connected to that exchange can avail of efiber ?
    Oleras: any number i checked fails
    Liam: Oleras you cannot get efibre.
    Oleras: yes
    Oleras: can anyone else connected to that exchange avail of efiber ?
    Liam: I wouldn't know Oleras.
    Liam: I do know you cannot get efibre.
    Oleras: would you know if the exchage is live ?
    Oleras: for efiber
    Liam: Thank you for chatting with us, we will contact you when efibre becomes available.
    This session has been closed by eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

oleras wrote: »
    Is this the normal caliber of the Eircom customer service agents ?

Not very customer friendly, and downright rude.
    Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

You are now connected with Liam
    Liam: Welcome to the eircom-sales webchat, my name is Liam how can I help you today?
    Oleras: Hi Liam, i have a question about efiber
    Oleras: going by the rollout map, my exchange, Patrickswell was due to go live May 2015, has it ? when i check my number is says it is not available
    Liam: Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    Liam:
    Liam: Landline number please.
    Oleras: 061xxxxxx
    Liam: I will send you a link now to register, once available we will contact you.
    Liam: please click here to register
    Oleras: i already did
    Liam: We will contact you when available.
    Oleras: when will it be available ?
    Oleras: do you know if anyone connected to that exchange can avail of efiber ?
    Oleras: any number i checked fails
    Liam: Oleras you cannot get efibre.
    Oleras: yes
    Oleras: can anyone else connected to that exchange avail of efiber ?
    Liam: I wouldn't know Oleras.
    Liam: I do know you cannot get efibre.
    Oleras: would you know if the exchage is live ?
    Oleras: for efiber
    Liam: Thank you for chatting with us, we will contact you when efibre becomes available.
    This session has been closed by eircom
    Hi oleras

I'm sorry to see this, I understand why you would feel quite disappointed by this and I will pass your feedback to the WebChat operations team.

If you would like to PM me the land line number I will look in to your original query in detail

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for your PM

I have looked in to this in detail and I see your line is served by the cabinet number PWL1_001 - you can see the cabinet located on the map here: (click NGA fibre broadband network map) http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

You will notice the cabinet has an orange icon which means that the cabinet is still in early planning stages - a launch date is not agreed yet but basically this means that we should have a launch date within the next 6 to 12 months. 

You will notice on the map that you can calculate distance so if you set a marker at the cabinet to where your home is on the map then this will tell you the distance between you and the cabinet. At present cabinets serve a max distance of up to 2Km however in that 2Km expected download speeds will deteriorate - more info on specifications can be found here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

I hope this offer you more insight and again I do apologise for the lack of clarification previously offered by our WebChat team

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kidcharlamane

Hi Alan,

I live about 3km from this cabinet and am experiencing speeds of 0.8m. Never above 1m. When could I expect to see an improvement?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan,

I live about 3km from this cabinet and am experiencing speeds of 0.8m. Never above 1m. When could I expect to see an improvement?

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane

You would not be connected to a cabinet as cabinets are spcifically efibre related and cannot serve further than up to 2Km.

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will check to see if faster speeds would be available.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kidcharlamane

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Thanks

You would not be connected to a cabinet as cabinets are spcifically efibre related and cannot serve further than up to 2Km.

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will check to see if faster speeds would be available.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Any update here?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement