Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Work at Harbour

Options
  • 23-06-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Major work has commenced close to Joe Sweeney's place. This is an area that was "levelled" and seeded last year. Home to GRAPE for a short spell recently.
    Is it connected with other construction site (clubhouses etc)?
    Heard that it is to be a Pumping Station costing millions of Euro.
    Anybody know what's involved here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

vinpaul wrote: »
    Major work has commenced close to Joe Sweeney's place. This is an area that was "levelled" and seeded last year. Home to GRAPE for a short spell recently.
    Is it connected with other construction site (clubhouses etc)?
    Heard that it is to be a Pumping Station costing millions of Euro.
    Anybody know what's involved here?

That's the Marina "development" Apartments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Honestly! wrote: »
    That's the Marina "development" Apartments etc.

I doubt they are starting to build apartments!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they're doing something with concrete pipes - perhaps some initial groundworks for the apartment while they have men on site working on the clubhouses?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

It's probably putting in services (gas, electricity, water and sewage) for future development

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

I doubt they are starting to build apartments!

GROUNDWORK!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement