Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nineteen rogue first impressions

Options
  • 23-06-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi all. Given I had recently asked advice about wet-suits (I was due to upgrade), I thought I would pay it back and give my impressions after taking the plunge (excuse the pun).

I recently purchased a Nineteen rogue which is their mid to high end suit. Main attraction for me was the supposed extreme shoulder flexibility (my main complaint about my previous suit was that it was restrictive at the shoulders).

Been in the water 3 times and raced once in it over the last month. Have to say I am supremely impressed. Shoulder flexibility is amazing, almost like you are not in a wet-suit. Also, I didn't think it would make a difference but the reverse zip actually does make a difference in transition! My only very slight downside is that perhaps the buoyancy is too much in the legs and for reasonable swimmers you might find this a bit odd in the water.

Highly recommended!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is the buoyancy in the legs not highlighted by a lowering of buoyancy in the chest area? Most suits at that level are designed to compliment the swim position of the better swimmers. Usually weaker swimmers find the suits are too floaty in the legs as they don't like the feel of their heads being 'pushed' into the water ie downhill swimming.

Where did you come across the Nineteen range? Hadn't heard of them in Ireland til now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

AKW wrote: »
    Is the buoyancy in the legs not highlighted by a lowering of buoyancy in the chest area? Most suits at that level are designed to compliment the swim position of the better swimmers. Usually weaker swimmers find the suits are too floaty in the legs as they don't like the feel of their heads being 'pushed' into the water ie downhill swimming.

Where did you come across the Nineteen range? Hadn't heard of them in Ireland til now.

I always thought it was the opposite, that weak swimmers like the floaty legs! But as I said it was a minor quibble and after a few sessions I think I adjusted. Certainly I was a minute faster than my expected time based on pre race pool swims and while I think swimming in a 25m pool probably slows you down, I do think some of it was due to the wetsuit. I actually am in Canada (ex-pat), and as far as I know they are made here. The suit does get great reviews and I can verify that!

Advertisement