Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos return without receipt?

Options
  • 23-06-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a weighing scales in Argos and after only 2 weeks it has stopped working, however I threw the receipt away mainly because it was only 12 euros.I'm wondering does anyone think there's a chance they might exchange the faulty product for me without a receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I bought a weighing scales in Argos and after only 2 weeks it has stopped working, however I threw the receipt away mainly because it was only 12 euros.I'm wondering does anyone think there's a chance they might exchange the faulty product for me without a receipt?

Did you pay by Debit or Credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A credit/debit card statement works too but if you paid by cash they might check their records if you can remember the date and time of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paid cash unfortunately and can't remember the date. The scales is likely a product that only they sell, hopefully that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

No harm in asking them. As you said yourself "it was only 12 euros" so no big loss if they say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

do you still have the packaging?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Muahahaha wrote: »

Argos are normally pretty sound about things like this. Give the store a call.

Nb. If they say by phone they will replace it, make sure and take the name of the person you've spoken to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Did they take your email when purchased. cause they email receipts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

donegal. wrote: »
    do you still have the packaging?

^^

The box will have the Argos catalogue number on a sticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Another one could be if you reserved it and still have the reservation number. Maybe they could use that to track down the purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

If it is a Argos only brand you will be fine. I worked for Argos/Homebase and returns were never an issue.

If it is another brand that can be bought elsewhere then you will need a receipt or some other proof of purchase. You will not be entertained otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement