Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

videogamesplus.ca

Options
  • 23-06-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

iv never used this.its telling me my subtotal is 51.88 euro's does that mean is it the final cost or will I have pay taxes some way to customs on top this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll only pay customs if customs catch it on the way in. It will be held up in the local postal holding center until the customs are paid, you'll get a note in the door telling you where and how much it will cost. However that's if it gets caught. I've only very rarely been caught by customs, four times in total in the numerous years I've been importing so it's worth taking a chance and I've not been caught for post from videogamesplus.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll only pay customs if customs catch it on the way in. It will be held up in the local postal holding center until the customs are paid, you'll get a note in the door telling you where and how much it will cost. However that's if it gets caught. I've only very rarely been caught by customs, four times in total in the numerous years I've been importing so it's worth taking a chance and I've not been caught for post from videogamesplus.ca
    thanks.two final questions. how much would customs charge roughly? and how long would it take game arrive to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

brady12 wrote: »
    thanks.two final questions. how much would customs charge roughly? and how long would it take game arrive to me?

23% of the total cost plus around €5 handling fee. It usually takes around 7 working days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

7 working days at best. I just find it's best to order and forget about it. Sometimes it can take a lot longer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shortest time I've had to wait is 10 days , longest was 2weeks

• Advertisement

Shortest time I've had to wait is 10 days , longest was 2weeks

Same here.

Not as attractive as they used to be with the exchange rate these days, postage is about €7 from what I recall so a little annoying they take so long to arrive here.

For what it's worth regards customs there's a chance they might stop it but unlikely, think they mark the package dvd optical media with a value of 16.99. Been ages though so not 100% on that , do recall a significantly lower value being on the box last time though.

Quick question lads. If lets say I get batman and finish it.and want trade it in to extravision let's say.should be no bother me trading it in nothing on box or barcode different ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Quick question lads. If lets say I get batman and finish it.and want trade it in to extravision let's say.should be no bother me trading it in nothing on box or barcode different ?

Emmm I think there could be an issue because its a Canadian version but I could be wrong, I know gamestop dont accept us/canadian versions of games or they didn't anyway.

Emmm I think there could be an issue because its a Canadian version but I could be wrong, I know gamestop dont accept us/canadian versions of games or they didn't anyway.

Thanks. I won't be keeping it after finish story so better only order a game I'm keeping for life .

So question if I pre ordered mgs which is out first Tuesday of September .when would I recieve it?

• Advertisement

So question if I pre ordered mgs which is out first Tuesday of September .when would I recieve it?

10 days too 2weeks for delivery with normal post, about 3 to 4 days with dhl

So it's random whether it comes by dhl or normal post ?

So it's random whether it comes by dhl or normal post ?

You pay extra for DHL.

Much extra ? Sorry about all the questions

Much extra ? Sorry about all the questions

emm I think about 35 canadian dollars

It's rather unlikely but there's also the risk of getting snared by customs. They'll charge you VAT.

Advertisement