Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Cleaning

Options
  • 23-06-2015 3:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Our brown wheelie bin is vile.

It's so bad that I was having trouble keeping my stomach from abandoning me last time I tried to clean it. Even thinking about it now and my lunch is thinking of making a quick exit. It's too terrifying for me to tackle myself at this stage. I need help.

Is there any company that provides the wheelie bin cleaning service anymore? I contacted the bin company but they had no suggestions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's come up before. Do a search.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's come up before. Do a search.

I did. The crowd that were recommended no longer provide the service.

Dunno then.

A hose, water and ecologically sound cleaning agents like vinegar.

Dunno then.

A hose, water and ecologically sound cleaning agents like vinegar.

You offering? :pac:

No!
    and may I suggest a wooden clothes peg on the nose.

• Advertisement

No!
    and may I suggest a wooden clothes peg on the nose.

If only it were just the smell...

I'll pay ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Buy one of the large plastic bin liners specially for the brown bin, it keeps the bin clean and just tie a knot in it when its being collected, no need to clean it again if you are careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Just get a lad who does power washing and he will be done in less than 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Aerohead wrote: »
    Buy one of the large plastic bin liners specially for the brown bin, it keeps the bin clean and just tie a knot in it when its being collected, no need to clean it again if you are careful.

What Aerohead said... You'll only have to clean it this time. The bags are biodegradable so will be collected without a problem.

http://www.brownbinrescue.ie/shop/

Edit: Looks like that crowd also do brown bin cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 elBootho

Try using Obeo food waste box. It clears up most of the brown bin complaints people have, e.g. smells in the kitchen and a dirty/smelly bin outside too. It's made out of wet-strength paper, that doesn't leak and locks in the smells too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just buy a cheap own-brand pressure washer in Woodies for €60. Will clean out the bin and you can use it for other things as well, cleaning the driveway/patio, and similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I remember someone telling me last year that nowhere offers that service during the summer, only the winter.

Advertisement