Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right of access to Meter box in apartment

Options
  • 23-06-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

So we have a Cupboard in the hall of our apartment building that houses a number of utilities (esb and UPC)

We are having serious trouble trying to get access so that UPC can come out and fix an issue with the internet.

Just wondering where i stand here. I am owner occupier, the apartment is only 1 of 6 in a secure hall. Should i have a key for this anyway, rather than relaying on the management company to open and close it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ask them for a key.
    Are you on the management board? if not get yourself on it.

You should be able to access to read the meter and if upc needs access then that is another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Yeah, i've requested a key.

They are sending a guy out on Monday to open up the cupboard for me.

I suppose the question really is should i have a copy of said key. Save alot of hassle and call out costs....

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Hero777 wrote: »
    Yeah, i've requested a key.

They are sending a guy out on Monday to open up the cupboard for me.

I suppose the question really is should i have a copy of said key. Save alot of hassle and call out costs....

Generally the answer is no you shouldn't as it's a service area, In our complex there is locked room which all, Satellite, UPC, Intercoms and other cabling is routed through and the company control access to, last thing you want is someone who is clueless fiddling with stuff that is not theirs, happened here with a satellite multiswitch where the guy starting trying to patch himself to the dish directly disconnecting the entire Sky feed for two blocks for what turned out to be an issue with his receiver.

Advertisement