Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script Croke Park 2015

Options
  • 23-06-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else who was at the Script gig on Saturday night had any issues with the sound where they were? We were on the pitch and some parts of it was really bad - it was very bad for Pharrell Williams, did improve hugely for the Script but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near being 100% prefect. Slightly worried now as we have pitch tickets for the Ed Sheeran as well & don't want to end up with the same sound quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else who was at the Script gig on Saturday night had any issues with the sound where they were? We were on the pitch and some parts of it was really bad - it was very bad for Pharrell Williams, did improve hugely for the Script but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near being 100% prefect. Slightly worried now as we have pitch tickets for the Ed Sheeran as well & don't want to end up with the same sound quality.

I'm guessing this had to do with the sound engineer, Pharells vocals were beyond low especially when he came on but as you mentioned it got better as time went on, I actually found that the script sounded pretty on point, maybe a slight vocal boost wouldn't have done any harm but was still pretty good from where I was in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnnolan

We were in sections 310 and 311 in the Cusack Stand in Croke Park and we could hardly make out a word any band member was saying or singing and we know how clear Danny O'Donoghue's voice is when he either talks or sings. It was so bad that my wife and myself left about an hour before the end of the concert. Something we've never done before in 35+ years of going to major gigs in Ireland. Our 2 guests in section 311, it transpires, only stayed until the end because we'd given them tickets as a present. Their sound was just as bad. By the way, we were all there for Pharrell Williams and the sound for his performance was also awful from where all 4 of us were.

I complained to Ticketmaster and they basically told me I'm a liar and also scolded me for not making a complaint to their representatives at the concert on the night. I never knew they ever had representatives at the concerts for which they sell tickets. If I had, I'd have been straight up to them to register my complaint. Although, what they could have done about the sound is a big question for me. However, I'm not letting Ticketmaster off the hook easily.

The end to a bad few months of concert-going after the Garth Brooks debacle. I should have complained to Ticketmaster then also, but, I blamed him more for not doing the approved gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

TBF, Ticketmaster only sell the tickets on behalf of the promoter. They have nothing to do with sound engineering at the venue, or artists who throw the head up about not getting what they were mistakenly promised.

Your complaints should be directed to MCD and Aiken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭webpal

Yep we were on the pitch and couldn't hear a thing, neither could anyone around us. Spoke to a few people yesterday who agreed. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I enjoyed the whole show and didn't really notice much sound problems, could be as I was singing along "my own words" to all the songs :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Myself and the gf were in the same section and thought the sound was terrible, could make out the song but not the lyrics. Wasnt there for Pharrell do can't comment.

ts_editor has it wrong. I paid Ticketmaster ("consideration" in contract law) so my contract is with them. I have no relationship with Aiken or MCD. And don't forget that, when I wrote to them, Ticketmaster scolded me for not complaining about the sound to their representatives which apparently that had located all around the venue. Of course, they failed to inform me in advance of this fact, but, still it confirms that they are taking responsibility for the sound. I guess if it costs them, they can sue MCD or Aiken with whom I'm sure they have contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

johnnolan wrote: »
    ts_editor has it wrong. I paid Ticketmaster ("consideration" in contract law) so my contract is with them. I have no relationship with Aiken or MCD. And don't forget that, when I wrote to them, Ticketmaster scolded me for not complaining about the sound to their representatives which apparently that had located all around the venue. Of course, they failed to inform me in advance of this fact, but, still it confirms that they are taking responsibility for the sound. I guess if it costs them, they can sue MCD or Aiken with whom I'm sure they have contracts.

If you want perfect sound listen to the cd. Live music isn't meant to be perfect. Stadiums are never going to be the best for sound quality. Complaining to ticketmaster about it is absolutely hilarious.

I think it's nonesensical that D.Q. (or GLK) thinks you should not expect very good sound at a live concert. Why on earth would I pay €75 for a ticket to see a live concert if I knew the sound would be poor. If this were the case, then I'd obviously opt for the CD. D.Q. mustn't have been at U2 in Croke Park, or Take That in Croke Park or Neil Diamond in Croke Park! Indeed, I went to plenty of gigs in the old Croke Park and I never had an issue with sound.

I've be to at least one major concert at many venues in almost all of the last 30 years and I can only remember once when I was not completely happy with the sound. But, it was not so bad that I decided to leave an hour before the end.

Advertisement