Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing on the suir

• 23-06-2015 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good fly for this time of the year for trout? thinking of going later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

A black nymph with a silver bead fished European style was working very well for me a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

BrownTrout wrote: »
    A black nymph with a silver bead fished European style was working very well for me a few weeks ago

I have no nymphs will this lad do?

uzvLZYo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Haven't a clue man! I was fishing nymphs when I was up there and the trout were hammering them.

A lot of the lads fishing wets really struggled except for one lad who had a monster evening session. Not sure what flies he was using, will try to find out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

I'll try a few black ants and black Gnats they are reccomended for this time of year or so i'm told

Advertisement