Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 mazda6 1.8 how much to replace pistons rather than get new engine

Options
  • 23-06-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys

My car failed the NCT on emissions. I have been told that it needs new engine but as its an old car it is cheaper to replace piston heads etc.

Any ideas on how much this might cost inc labour etc.?

I was given a price of €600 all in so far

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

you need a second opinion, It might be nothing a bottle of diptane cannot fix, please post you emission results

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moi2015

Notch000 wrote: »
    you need a second opinion, It might be nothing a bottle of diptane cannot fix, please post you emission results

Yea I tried that and had oil filter changed sparks replaced etc. ..I'll get emissions and post shortly
    through the roof 😨 filled the place with smoke
    grand ticking over but on revs ...unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moi2015

Ok so here's the results

Low idle CO 7.82 vol% HC 2850 ppm
    high idle lambada 0.73

CO 7.82 vol% HC 2850 ppm

Advertisement