Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU advice

Options
  • 23-06-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So my PSU has packed in after 9 years. I was planning on doing a new build after the summer when I have more money but i m going to have to start now.

I'm looking for a PSU that will run my old build and which I can use for a new build in a few months is there anything comparability wise I need to watch out for? The current mobo I put in about 6 years ago.

My old PSU was 400w which seems a bit low for builds these days, any recommendations? When I do make a new build it will be for about €800 so a PSU that would fit that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

500w is enough for the likes of an R9 290x or GTX 970 which is what you'd be looking at for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I personally like the corsair cx series because its modular which is handy for cable management since you don't have unused cables to find a place for.

Advertisement