Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to upgrade from a distance

Options
  • 23-06-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone!!

Ok, Im not sure if this is the right board, but Im looking for some guidance!

I am a Canadian citizen. I am currently STILL in College IN Canada and will graduate next April. I just got off the phone with someone from qqi who told me (without seeing my documents) he believes my qualifications would be equal to a level 6. It appears that MOST employers in my field are looking for level 7. Does anyone have any idea on how I upgrade to be equal to a level 7? I am hoping to move to Ireland by next summer at the latest and can not move until I have a job (as I need them to sponsor me).
    Im feeling a little lost and confused!

Any help or suggestions would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Kasn33 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!

Ok, Im not sure if this is the right board, but Im looking for some guidance!

I am a Canadian citizen. I am currently STILL in College IN Canada and will graduate next April. I just got off the phone with someone from qqi who told me (without seeing my documents) he believes my qualifications would be equal to a level 6. It appears that MOST employers in my field are looking for level 7. Does anyone have any idea on how I upgrade to be equal to a level 7? I am hoping to move to Ireland by next summer at the latest and can not move until I have a job (as I need them to sponsor me).
    Im feeling a little lost and confused!

Any help or suggestions would be great!!

Thanks in advance

It depends on what your qualification is. Can you give us more information?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.qqi.ie/Pages/National-Framework-of-Qualifications-(NFQ).aspx
    How long was your course? and waht was it in?

University can be extremely expensive here for non EU citizens but we maybe able to guide you in the right direction.

Advertisement